Hello,
My guild is stuck on phase 2. I'm the raid leader, and as a tank my job is to stay up top when the portals open. Since I have to stay up top, I do not have the benefit of watching the dps failing in the vision room/brain room so I can't properly advise and evaluate. All I know is that they go in the portal, and they come out insane 60 seconds later.
I've long since accepted that one of the qualifications for being DPS is to be partially (or perhaps even fully) retarded, so I'm used to hearing the myriad excuses they come up with (my personal favorite is "I can't find the portal in...")
Now, can someone explain to me EXACTLY how going in that brain room is supposed to work? My understanding is as follows, I'd appreciate some corrections so I can fully grasp it:
1) Ports open, four dps go in and enter a room that is a vision of azeroth's past.
2) Within this room there are a total of nine mobs that are disguised as neutral npcs.
3) Additionally, there are skulls that cannot be looked at directly or they will fear you and deal significant shadow damage.
4) The purpose of entering these portals is to break the shield protecting the brain of Y-S so that damage can be dealt to it and it can lead to phase 3.
5) When entering the vision room, the dps is required to kill ALL NINE mobs before the vision is broken and the dps can enter the brain room and deal damage to the brain. (this is somewhat reminiscent of the Herald in Old Kingdom)
6) Once entering the brain room, there is a limited amount of time whereas the DPS must exit the brain room via a portal(?) in order to prevent insanity.
7) This process is aided by having a dps who can also heal occasionally as damaging the mobs also deals damage back to the attacker, additionally the skull damage is a possibility best planned for.
Is all the above accurate?
We've never even managed to break the mind shield protecting the brain. This is especially frustrating considering we one-shot every other boss in the instance in each of the past two weeks.
JRichland
Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:00 pm
