Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Faction Champions] Preparation for Boss #3

Zalaria
Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Aubade wrote:What ARE the hardmodes? the acheivements that are implented? those are some lame-ass hardmodes if so. Are they going to even have achievements for them or is it just the 25M Heroic version with the limited attempts? I don't like the way they're doing this patch at all.


What?

The hard modes are the 10/25 Heroic versions. Think of it as pushing the big red button behind Mimiron, except it's a small UI selection before you zone into the instance, and you only have 50 shots to clear them all.
Seloei
Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

The hardmodes, based on what i heard was on ptr are the same fight with just ramped up damage and health and a few extra abilities. None of which are really lethal just requires higher dps/healing to get through. Unless they didn't activate all the abilities.
Joanadark
Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

For Anub Arak at least, the obvious hard mode would be "you cant use permafrost".
Belloc
Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

I was under the impression that the Anub hard mode was a limited amount of permafrost (6?) and that the adds would never stop spawning, even during parts of the fight where they normally would (like the burn phase?).
Joanadark
Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

That may be so.
Sucks that no one except Premonition and Blood Legion got to actually find out weeks in advance.
Aubade
Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

I wish I knew what permafrost did. *whistle, casually kick a rock*
Threatco
Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

EDIT PER BELOW> The adds cant bury under the ground if he's on permafrost I think.

(Tank them on the stuff that hurts you so he can't ROFLSTOMP you)
Joanadark
Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Aubade wrote:I wish I knew what permafrost did. *whistle, casually kick a rock*


Do a search in the General forum. I did a big recap thread of the PTR testing we were able to do on normal mode.

He can't bury under the ground if he's on permafrost I think.

(Tank him on the stuff that hurts you so he can't ROFLSTOMP you)


if the mechanic is the same as normal mode, this is incorrect. The permafrost prevents the ADDS from burrowing, not the boss.
DeadMilliken
Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Two pages in and not one of you listed the only thing I care about:

Do the NPCs have a normal threat table or not?


If so:
Do all of them?
If not:
Is there any point in having tank spec'd players present in tanking gear? (instead of say, Ret/Arms/Fury in dps gear)

Note: The only "previous" pvp-style encounter essentially had no threat table as the NPCs reset full threat every second.
Joanadark
Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

At least some of them seem to have threat tables yes. The one's you'd care about, like the warrior and rogue.
Basically the strat will most likely come down to sicking your melee DPS on the casters to interrupt all their casts, tanking all their melee dps and hunter/warlock pets and killing them with your ranged dps, and chaining CC into the healers.

Alternatively, zerg the healers under heroism.
DeadMilliken
Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Thank you Joanadark


BTW I finally found a decent video of it on the ptr 10man that clearly shows a few of them shooting this way and that pinball style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4MXFabyWQ

(*I love his death: It starts ~1:50 if you wanna see it instead of watching the whole thing)
Aubade
Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

uhhh......that mage didn't have counterspell keybound....................Also, this fight looks fun.
Aghrea
Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Yes this combat seems fun,
The question is : Is it ahrder than the first Sunwell trash packs ?
Agonized
Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

PvP should be arena, not here.... wipe 3 down, but least I got a Forlorn Barrier!
Euphoria
Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:39 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

We're on wipe #4...not very happy that they introduced another Magister's Terrace wipefest. I hated that fight then and I hate the clone of it now.