Skip to content
Maintankadin

10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

wingman
Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

A group from my guild downed the last boss with approximately 34 attempts left. They got 2 trophies and an ilvl 245 healer mace.
This mace - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47962/argent-resolve/

The gear progression in 10 man looks to be:

25 attempts or more remaining: 2 trophies and an ilvl 245 weapon
45 attempts or more remaining: 3 trophies and an ilvl 245 weapon and an ilvl 258 cloak.
50 attempts remaining: 4 trophies and an ilvl 245 weapon and an ilvl 258 cloak and a faction specific mount.
Playdoh
Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Decisions, decisions :(.

Do I keep my triumph badges and wait for trophies or go ahead and get off set (ring, libram, trinket). I already bought the libram.

Just trying to see what others are thinking about doing.

I think it is going to be at least 3 weeks before we get hard mode 10 man toc down.
Belloc
Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Consider a few things, like how many bosses you WILL be getting down and how often you run the daily heroic.

If you're doing both 10 and 25-man normal modes, that's 30 emblems a week. Daily heroic every day is 14 a week. Koralon every week is 4 (I think... I didn't pay attention to the emblem count). So, up to 48 emblems per week without hard mode bosses. Emblems can come quickly now if you clear both normal modes, so just keep that in mind.

Hoarding emblems never hurts :P
Playdoh
Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

probably for another 2 weeks 25 man Toc non heroic or heroic is out for my guild.

so 29 triumphs a week for me, for at least another 2 weeks.

Alright thanks for the insight Belloc.

I think I am going to keep enough emblems so that when I get a trophy, I can immediately get a piece of gear.

Other than that upgrade the gear from triumphs as I can.

THANKS.
Honorshammer
Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Playdoh wrote:probably for another 2 weeks 25 man Toc non heroic or heroic is out for my guild.

so 29 triumphs a week for me, for at least another 2 weeks.

Alright thanks for the insight Belloc.

I think I am going to keep enough emblems so that when I get a trophy, I can immediately get a piece of gear.

Other than that upgrade the gear from triumphs as I can.

THANKS.


Shameless selfpromotion but I discussed this topic in my blog today. Here's what I think.

honorscode.blogspot.com wrote:Buy the non Trophy piece when have enough Emblems. As soon as your guild can clear Heroic and start getting Trophies, save up for the 245 piece, but don't start back at the top of the list. Keep going down the list and then go back and replace your 232 pieces after you get the Helm.

Normally I would support the idea of buying the most expensive piece first, but here's why I don't agree with that for EoTs. The Hands wind up on top by virtue of the other pieces having good alternatives.

Your Chest and Helm should already be iLevel 226 items because both are available from Conquest Emblems. In addition, Anub'arak drops a 232 Chest. That puts both items on a lower priority to be upgraded.

The Tier 8 Legs are very well itemized, probably the best itemized piece of Tier 8.

The Shoulders are lower on the pick order because there's a possible 232 and 245 drop available to you from the Faction Champions.

Once you are ready to replace the helm, I actually recommend the Faceplate of the Honorbound. It's the same iLevel as your Tier 9 (245) and I feel it's a better itemized piece. They have the same Armor and Stamina, but the Faceplate has superior avoidance, while T9 has superior threat. I gear for survival over threat. By using the Faceplate of the Honorbound, you will free up a Trophy to go so someone else in your raid making your whole team stronger.
wingman
Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

I disagree with your statement completely. Although, to be fair, I guess alot of it depends on how progressed your guild is. The prot warrior in our guild bought ilvl 232 tier pieces with badges (which were barely upgrade for him since he was replacing 25 man tier 8 ). Myself and the other prot paly in our guild bought the libram and ring first. Then the trophy t9 gloves, and then just yesterday, I bought the non tier badge shoulders. I was able to accumulate all of that before working on hard mode 25 man ToC. Our warriors effective health was MUCH lower than ours and in heroic mode, the beasts from the first encounter hit HARD. The warrior was routinely dying anytime he had 2 stacks of impale and no cooldown available to him, whereas the two prot pallys managed without much difficulty. If you're already decked out in Ulduar 25 gear, and you're guild is looking to do ToC hard mode, skip the ilvl 232 crap.
Honorshammer
Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

wingman wrote:I disagree with your statement completely. Although, to be fair, I guess alot of it depends on how progressed your guild is. The prot warrior in our guild bought ilvl 232 tier pieces with badges (which were barely upgrade for him since he was replacing 25 man tier 8). Myself and the other prot paly in our guild bought the libram and ring first. Then the trophy t9 gloves, and then just yesterday, I bought the non tier badge shoulders. I was able to accumulate all of that before working on hard mode 25 man ToC. Our warriors effective health was MUCH lower than ours and in heroic mode, the beasts from the first encounter hit HARD. The warrior was routinely dying anytime he had 2 stacks of impale and no cooldown available to him, whereas the two prot pallys managed without much difficulty. If you're already decked out in Ulduar 25 gear, and you're guild is looking to do ToC hard mode, skip the ilvl 232 crap.


The thread was topiced on 10 Man Heroic Gear so I looked at it from the point of view of a 10 man raider. Their top tier stuff will 219 with two 226s from Conquest badges and Trophies are only obtainable from the Tribute chest at the end of Heroic.
Belloc
Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Well, I'll certainly say to upgrade your 219 pieces long before upgrading any 226 pieces you may have. Hell, I was looking at the 10-man tier 9 shoulders (instead of the 25-man ones, which I was intending to buy) and I was appalled at how they seemed to be worse than the 226 shoulders I had.

So, yeah, if you're strictly a 10-man raider, feel free to grab some of the 232 pieces, but focus on replacing your <219 pieces first.
Boèndal
Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Killing Anub rewards you with two Trophys not one. The Tribute to Skill has got a weapon as bonus loot and Mad Skill seems to offer the next Trophy.

At least thats what our 10 men groups experienced.
Boèndal
Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Double Post :o
Now confirmed:
Anub'arak down - 2 Trophys
Tribute to Skill - Weapon
Tribute to Mad Skill - 4 Trophys
Tribute to Insanity - Cloak and Mount

Our 10men today were really successful :D
Alanyor
Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

This isn't right.
Anub'arak down gives his normal loot without trophies.
Tribute To Skill gives 2 trophies and weapon.
Don't know for Mad Skill and Insanity, did only Insanity this week.
Belloc
Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Alanyor wrote:This isn't right.
Anub'arak down gives his normal loot without trophies.
Tribute To Skill gives 2 trophies and weapon.
Don't know for Mad Skill and Insanity, did only Insanity this week.

If you kill Anub in hard mode, you still get a tribute chest with two trophies.
Alanyor
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:04 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Some friend of mine killed it hard mode with <25 tries left and they did't get a chest.
Treck
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Alanyor wrote:Some friend of mine killed it hard mode with <25 tries left and they did't get a chest.

Then they forgot to grab the chest at the portal close to the pool of water.
A chest ALWAYS spawns on heroic when anub is killed, to salute you for doing it, you just get more shit in it with 25/45/50 tries left.
Boèndal
Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Alanyor wrote:This isn't right.
Anub'arak down gives his normal loot without trophies.
Tribute To Skill gives 2 trophies and weapon.
Don't know for Mad Skill and Insanity, did only Insanity this week.


Like the others allready told you I am right 8) . I've been there and posted this after I had seen it because I knew there where some quite confusing things about this here around.