Skip to content
Maintankadin

Koralon

Grehn|Skipjack
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 am

Re: Koralon

For ranged dps, I imagine he's rather easy. The Burning Breath deals little damage, and all you have to do is move left or right out of flame patches. Fights a little more involved for the tanks and heals. :wink:
Dianora
Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:28 am

Re: Koralon

Pure Loot Piñata.
Ocin
Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Koralon

Did it with just me tanking on 10-man, with good dps it shouldn't be an issue as long as you have all your CDs or GS and a LoHs ready. 2 tanks makes it easier.

Lot of fire damage, I think I saw 33k from one hit.
Grehn|Skipjack
Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:41 am

Re: Koralon

Ocin wrote:Did it with just me tanking on 10-man, with good dps it shouldn't be an issue as long as you have all your CDs or GS and a LoHs ready. 2 tanks makes it easier.

Lot of fire damage, I think I saw 33k from one hit.

Your dps must be very good. Saw a 42k Meteor Fist on one attempt. That was AFTER absorb and resist.
Huma
Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:34 am

Re: Koralon

what is the possible loot from koralon ? same as the others like t9 chest, gloves and legs and the pvp stuff ?
djlar
Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Koralon

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Ocin wrote:Did it with just me tanking on 10-man, with good dps it shouldn't be an issue as long as you have all your CDs or GS and a LoHs ready. 2 tanks makes it easier.

Lot of fire damage, I think I saw 33k from one hit.

Your dps must be very good. Saw a 42k Meteor Fist on one attempt. That was AFTER absorb and resist.


Yeah I had a 47K hit, mitigated and absorbed, after my OT died for standing in fire, luckilly he was 15% or less, my Tank had only 41KHP, Ardent Defender kicked in plus I used all my CDs at the end, we downed him before the next fist.

Could another plate wearer kick in and be in front if one of the tanks died? or would he be one shotted?
Janduin
Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Re: Koralon

Huma wrote:what is the possible loot from koralon ? same as the others like t9 chest, gloves and legs and the pvp stuff ?


Emalon never dropped a chest. Anyway, I would like an answer to this too. I even killed him yesterday but I forgot what dropped because it was not paladin gear (/facepalm)
Aenema
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Re: Koralon

Well my insights after having solotanked him both in 10 and 25 man. (both due to sucky OTs dieing)

The dmg is defienately healable even on a tank with far from BIS.
In 10 mans we had zero issues, the only one taking dmg was more or less me, except for the whirly thing ofc.
On 25 there was a whole other matter though, people were failing moving from fires and everything was chaos when it came to dps, we ended up killing him with 4 healers, me and 1 hunter being alive, and we managed to get him from 18% to zero on our own :P

All in all an easy fight with geared tanks and healers. Dont think its advisable to try and MT him if you arent atleast in ulduar10+EoC gear though, in 25 that is.


Regarding loot we've had the bad luck of only getting 1 pve item, which was holy priest ilvl245 gloves.
Lots of pvp legs dropped though.


Peace
andx
Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Koralon

This guy was really easy. Hits pretty hard and fire sucks thats about it. When my guild downed him last night we thought he was bugged he was so easy.
Ocin
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Koralon

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Ocin wrote:Did it with just me tanking on 10-man, with good dps it shouldn't be an issue as long as you have all your CDs or GS and a LoHs ready. 2 tanks makes it easier.

Lot of fire damage, I think I saw 33k from one hit.

Your dps must be very good. Saw a 42k Meteor Fist on one attempt. That was AFTER absorb and resist.


It wasn't a great idea since we had 1 DPSer below me in damage, but I was 46k health buffed. It took a few tries to get it and the only reason I kept at it was because as we were starting up, the RL said that he read online that "you could do it with one tank that was well-geared."

I'd imagine it being very easy to solo tank if most of your DPS is in the 4k+ range though.
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: Koralon

Janduin wrote:
Huma wrote:what is the possible loot from koralon ? same as the others like t9 chest, gloves and legs and the pvp stuff ?


Emalon never dropped a chest. Anyway, I would like an answer to this too. I even killed him yesterday but I forgot what dropped because it was not paladin gear (/facepalm)

Coinciding with the launch of Arena Season 7, Koralon the Flame Watcher will be activated in the western wing of Wintergrasp Fortress and awaiting the controlling faction. Koralon will drop loot for slots similar to Emalon, which includes both raiding tier items and PvP gear. Both 10- and 25-player versions will drop Emblems of Triumph as well. See you in Wintergrasp!
abinning
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Koralon

Any reason not to stack a few high stam raid members on him to split the meteor fist? (sans hunters)

Just have them all move the same direction after a fire under their butts.
Dianora
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: Koralon

abinning wrote:Any reason not to stack a few high stam raid members on him to split the meteor fist? (sans hunters)

Just have them all move the same direction after a fire under their butts.


It only hits 2 players. If Koralon has a choice of hitting 4 people, he'll randomly hit 2 of those 4 people, so why take the chance. It's not that hard to have 2 tanks moving in the same direction...
Grehn|Skipjack
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: Koralon

Dianora wrote:
abinning wrote:Any reason not to stack a few high stam raid members on him to split the meteor fist? (sans hunters)

Just have them all move the same direction after a fire under their butts.


It only hits 2 players. If Koralon has a choice of hitting 4 people, he'll randomly hit 2 of those 4 people, so why take the chance. It's not that hard to have 2 tanks moving in the same direction...

Well.... *stares at his offtank dead in a patch of fire* /whistle
abinning
Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Koralon

Dianora wrote:It only hits 2 players.

I didn't catch that part, I thought it hit everyone in range. It all makes sense now =P