Belloc wrote:ydraw wrote:Seloei wrote:Hardmodes will be harder, yes... but do you really think that a 25man 100% pug run should be able to kill a higher tier boss than ulduar, in less than an hour with no idea what they are doing? Did you pug ulduar that same way the same week it was out? Or even a Month after it was out? I am talking about the normal modes.
Am I the only person here who remembers Rage Winterchill?
As easy as Rage was, he was still a minor challenge. When my guild (at the time) first reached him, we had many deaths to the ice tombs. That damage was big and fast -- healers had to be quick. Death and decay was notoriously hard to see (though, it's pretty easy to see your health bar dropping).
A normal pug would have had trouble killing Rage, if only for the ice tombs. The death and decays would probably kill half of the pugs that were affected by it.
Of course, when people say "pug" these days... they mean 20+ people that already have the achievement. Back then, if you weren't on a super server, it wasn't even worth pugging Hyjal unless you wanted trash loot.
Only 1 healer had to be quick really. And running out of death and decay was easier than running out of the fire that snobolds drop.
I don't know, I found it easier to pug Rage Winterchill than I did to pug heroic Magister's Terrace. We just told people to bring their PvP trinkets and facerolled it. The hardest thing was finding 25 people who could be bothered to go to CoT. Most of these people were in guilds that couldn't kill anything past Void Reaver and Lurker, but Rage was no problem for them.
Maybe Rage was harder when you did him. I never saw it until after attunements were removed (I started playing WoW around the time of patch 2.1), and my guild was pretty bad (eg we wiped on Najentus for 3 nights before deciding to try Rage instead) and we 1 shot him, albeit with only about 8 people left alive.
What made Rage so easy was that he had hardly any health. You could lose half your raid and still kill him in 3 minutes. Northrend Beasts is a bit different in that it's a pretty long fight. There are plenty of opportunities for tards to screw up in the time it takes.
I actually tried pugging Northrend Beasts 25 last week. People had the strategy mostly right, but we failed mostly because of tanks dying too much. We twice got to Icehowl only to have him kill the tank after a ferocious butt.