Skip to content
Maintankadin

Koralon

Braundo
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 pm

Koralon

Is this guy bugged? When we went in to do VoA last night, Archavon and Emalon were up, but Koralon's room was empty. We killed Arch and Em and Kor still didn't show up. Is there something I'm missing?
Worldie
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Koralon

A quick google search would show that Koralon won't be up until Season 7 starts.
Joanadark
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Koralon

The current arena season isn't over yet. Since Koralon drops the arena gear for the NEXT season it wouldnt make sense to have people running around in the current season pwning people in NEXT season's gear!

He almost certainly will not be implemented until the current arena season ends, at soonest.
Braundo
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: Koralon

I don't really follow PvP stuff, so I had no idea that the arena season hasn't ended. I feel like an idiot now.

Thank you.
gmf1
Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 am

Re: Koralon

To make you feel better i asked the same thing in guild :)
Mert
Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:13 am

Re: Koralon

To make you feel even better, I logged on last night to find that half my guild had been standing in VoA with a ticket open for about an hour waiting for him to spawn :lol:
abinning
Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: Koralon

Well this site is "Maintankadin" we are not much about PvP aorund here. =P
We might indulge a little here and there, but I don't think we have many heavy arena players that hang around.
djlar
Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: Koralon

So basic strat is stay out of fires, like Razorscale... tank could get fire so be aware, and tank it where the fires are more visible, in the center can be confused with the glowing floor thingy..

He does the 360 spin fire damage, this is unavoidable, raid heals should cover this easily.

His special attack will do high damage to whoever is infront, but I think it gets divided, so double or triple tanking is a must unless you are a champ tank with 50K HP. On 10 man I'm sure a single tank is doable..
Zaluthar
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: Koralon

So, fire resist aura and max stam gear?
fafhrd
Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: Koralon

djlar wrote:So basic strat is stay out of fires, like Razorscale... tank could get fire so be aware, and tank it where the fires are more visible, in the center can be confused with the glowing floor thingy..

He does the 360 spin fire damage, this is unavoidable, raid heals should cover this easily.

His special attack will do high damage to whoever is infront, but I think it gets divided, so double or triple tanking is a must unless you are a champ tank with 50K HP. On 10 man I'm sure a single tank is doable..


Any reason not to have the whole raid soak the damage from his frontal attack?
Mert
Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:24 am

Re: Koralon

I think the whirlygig and the big frontal cone thing are on different cooldowns so I guess stacking your raid in front could be disasterous if you get both quickly after each other. Otherwise though, seems good.
Keion
Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 am

Re: Koralon

Is it strat from PTR testing?
Mert
Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: Koralon

There are a few videos of the encounter on the PTR on YouTube and other places which demonstrate most of his abilities pretty well.
Zaluthar
Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: Koralon

When do we expect the new arena season?
fafhrd
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Koralon

Am I the only one looking forward to the new VoA achievements (Killing all the bosses within 60 seconds of each other), or is no one else talking about them? That sounds like a much more insteresting achievement to do than all the crusader's colliseum ones.