Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Faction Champions] Preparation for Boss #3

Threatco
Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:51 pm

[Faction Champions] Preparation for Boss #3

Wondering what info is known yet.

Who will it be?

What abilities will he have?

Are there any videos?

Any strats?

Any good tank loot?

Ill be searching for info when i get off work and adding it as I find it as well.
Invisusira
Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Faction champions.

Round 'em up and consecrate.
Jerey-Darkspear
Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Am I correct in assuming I can have all my tanks go off-spec for this encounter as there is nothing to tank? Sounds that way. Wish I'd gotten some pvp gear for pve now...
Joanadark
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

I would not reccomend that no.
Everyone should still wear PvE gear for the most part, the one potential exception being a trinket, depending on how much the druids attempt to cyclone.
Aubade
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:23 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Joanadark wrote:I would not reccomend that no.
Everyone should still wear PvE gear for the most part, the one potential exception being a trinket, depending on how much the druids attempt to cyclone.


Do we have a strat for these guys anywhere? I can't seem to find any good info.
Markoh
Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Ya I haven't really seen much in the way of strats for it. I have seen a couple places that say for normal mode just cc the healers and dps burn the dk then the warrior after that it's easy. Since with every one you kill the easier the fight gets so you burn lust after the healers get cc'd.
Snickersnee
Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Invisusira wrote:Faction champions.

Round 'em up and consecrate.

sounds easy enough
Keion
Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Invisusira wrote:Faction champions.

Round 'em up and consecrate.

-75% damage from AoE effects. :/
Joanadark
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Do we have a strat for these guys anywhere? I can't seem to find any good info.


Welcome to progression my friend. The world of doing shit before there's a strat posted anywhere.

We have a little bit of info from EU contacts, but honestly I don't expect it to be all that tough given bosses #1 and #2. I'm really looking forward to doing this fight on hard mode though.
Invisusira
Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Joanadark wrote:Welcome to progression my friend. The world of doing shit before there's a strat posted anywhere.

See this is why I hate PTRs.
Selinaria
Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Invisusira wrote:
Joanadark wrote:Welcome to progression my friend. The world of doing shit before there's a strat posted anywhere.

See this is why I hate PTRs.


^This.

Hell even if they do feel the need to run PTRs, were I in charge, PTRs would be proof of concept only, do the abilities work. Then in the live patch we plug in the appropriate health, damage and defense values.

PTR: Lord Jeraxxus hits tank for 1.

Live: Lord Jeraxxus hits tank for 32100.
Argali
Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

Invisusira wrote:Faction champions.

Round 'em up and consecrate.


If it's anything like Priestess Del'rissa from MrT, they won't stay in lolsecrate. Have to go chase em down! Effort.
Joanadark
Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:21 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

See this is why I hate PTRs.


The main thing I found frustrating about this last PTR session is the fact that A) U.S. got to test exactly 1 boss, while the EU got to test the other 4, and B) When they put our one boss up for testing a second time to allow us to do the hard mode version, when everybody organized their groups, took time out of their schedules, and zoned in, only "certain guilds" actually had bosses spawn in their instance.
Quite a coincidence how out of scores of guilds who turned up and zoned in, only Premo and Blood Legion actually had the boss appear in their raid ID, while everyone else was standing in an empty cave going "errr..." *blink* *blink*

I can understand wanting to keep the testing small scale, but sometimes the blatant favoritism can be really fucking bullshit.
Aubade
Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Preparation for Boss #3

What ARE the hardmodes? the acheivements that are implented? those are some lame-ass hardmodes if so. Are they going to even have achievements for them or is it just the 25M Heroic version with the limited attempts? I don't like the way they're doing this patch at all.