Skip to content
Maintankadin

Resilience Will Fix It

madmartygan
Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Resilience Will Fix It

Hello, this week lockout my 10 man group will focus on doing this achievemnt, as this one and the one of Anub'arak are the only remaining. I find the tooltip a little misleading, do you have to kill all of them in 60 seconds between the first and last or just 60 seconds from one to the other?
Joanadark
Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

between the first to be killed and the last to be killed.
MonkH
Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

has any1 managed to do this btw? gave it shot other day didn't even come close tho
Candiru
Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

I think getting this on 25man heroic will be the hardest achievement in game.
fafhrd
Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

Last I checked (a week or so ago), there were 3 guild that had it on 25 and 2 on 10. Although I'd imagine not a lot of people are trying it right now (especially not this week, since people want to clear normal quick to unlock heroic).
Jonlo
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

Marwan wrote:
Candiru wrote:I think getting this on 25man heroic will be the hardest achievement in game.


He Feeds On Your Tears (25 player) says "Hi"

:lol:


I have the 10 man one... does that count? :(
fuzzygeek
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

fafhrd wrote:(especially not this week, since people want to clear normal quick to do alt runs).


fixt.

(I don't think speeding through the one new encounter a week will make the next one come out any faster; if your guild is into achievements, there's no reason not to spend an entire night on it, seeing as how you have an entire week ...)
smeej
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

I believe they are referring to how Heroic Coliseum unlocks once you defeat Anub'Arak in normal. People are unlikely to spend time on a frustrating achievement when there is awesome loot to be had.
fafhrd
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

fuzzygeek wrote:
fafhrd wrote:(especially not this week, since people want to clear normal quick to do alt runs).


fixt.

(I don't think speeding through the one new encounter a week will make the next one come out any faster; if your guild is into achievements, there's no reason not to spend an entire night on it, seeing as how you have an entire week ...)


When someone puts words into a sentence, like "especially not this week" in mine, they're usually there to covey some meaning, not just to press more keys. Your fix is incorrect.
fafhrd
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

Marwan wrote:
Candiru wrote:I think getting this on 25man heroic will be the hardest achievement in game.


He Feeds On Your Tears (25 player) says "Hi"

:lol:


5 guilds have that so far, and I expect the numbers will go up pretty steadily as more people settle into farming him.

Looked up the numbers on resilience will fix it, around 17 have the 25 man one already, and over a hundred have the 10 man.
PsiVen
Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

I'm surprised only five guilds have that, as it's easier to stay alive on Algalon than the Faction Champions encounter.

In fact I'm boggled by this. How on earth do 17 guilds have the achievement already, nothing better to do than figure out the perfect CC rotations? You can't exactly do it accidentally.
fafhrd
Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

PsiVen wrote:In fact I'm boggled by this. How on earth do 17 guilds have the achievement already, nothing better to do than figure out the perfect CC rotations?


Well, yes I guess. Guilds like yours and brekkie's and ruul's i'd imagine didn't really have anything better to do, since presumably once alone in the dark is down, you might as well spend however many attempts it takes to do the faction champs encounter. There's no motivation to kill the quickly when they were the last boss in the instance, and no motivation to kill them quickly when twin valkyr's were the last either, other than logging off sooner. This week is the first week there's real incentive to kill the normal mode bosses fast.

It honestly doesn't sound like an insanely hard achievement either, you can force wipe as many times as necessary and I'd imagine just need to interrupt enough heals to get all the healers and one of the dps fairly low, then burn healers and everything else down. It's a lot of DPS, but then, a lot of these guilds have staggeringly high raid dps too.
fuzzygeek
Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

fafhrd wrote:When someone puts words into a sentence, like "especially not this week" in mine, they're usually there to covey some meaning, not just to press more keys. Your fix is incorrect.


I glossed over "especially not this week," which changes it entirely. My apologies.

And I wonder how much more work is going to be put into Ulduar achievements, globally speaking. Ulduar is falling completely out of our raid rotation (we raid 3 days a week), and we stopped working on hard modes ... basically when ToC dropped.

I guess people who raid 5 days a week and run out of their ToC attempts?
Vathral2
Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: Resilience Will Fix It

My guild has done it in 10 man (I was on my warlock for this) last week, it took us about an hour.

We got away from not using FoK interrupts (normal mode of course) seeing as how 3.2.2 is going to nerf that.

Basically what has to happen is you have to live long enough to get every single add to below 30% without bloodlust AT THE SAME TIME, and controlling the healers long enough to allow us to get them to 30%. The best way to do it that we came up with was on the pull, was to coordinate how we would burn each target. When you do get them all to sub 30-50% at once, you BL and burn.

At first, we told an individual dps to burn down their own target, which did not work at all. Some of us would get our targets to 20% in the same time it took a class with less interrupts to 60%.

So we changed it to where our raid would just keep calling out which target was at the highest health after our first initial burn target, and just kept alternating. Fortunately for us, in our raid, we had 4 2050+ players from s6 (1 ex-gladiator, myself), so the pvp experience and knowing which to switch to helped for whenever our healers were getting trained (our group was really squishy). Unfortunately for us, the warrior tank had no off spec, so he had to stay tank. The DK's dps gear was about as good as his tank set since all we see is plate in raids, so he's had quite a chance to pick up great dps gear.

Our group comp:

DK tank
Warrior tank (someone's alt)
Ret paladin
Destruction Warlock x 2
Combat Rogue
Survival hunter
Disc Priest
Resto shaman
Resto druid

The Faction Champions:

Ret paladin
Rogue
Enhance Shaman
Warrior
Holy priest
Resto druid

Yeah....not fun. That's the best way I can suggest it honestly. The kill shot took almost 7 minutes because of how little cc we had to keep all the targets feared long enough since tremor was being dropped far too fast to reliably cc the entire fight. Just pray to god the stars align if you're cc weak, and keep healers focus silenced.