Skip to content
Maintankadin

10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Honorshammer
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:10 pm

10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Funtodin in the Heroic Northrend Beast thread said:http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25736&start=30

Now regarding 10m, I was assuming there would be trophies in 10m heroic... I'm a bit disappointed with no tier 9 (245) for 10 men raiders.


I wanted to start a new thread on that topic, and not derail his.

With the release of 4 different modes to ToC, it appeared Blizzard was giving a true path to every kind of guild. You simply needed to find the level of content that fit your guild. You could be everything from a 10 man normal guild right up to a 25 man heroic guild.

Each level awarded it's own gear with it's own iLevel. 10N was 232, 10H, 25N was 245 and 25H was 258. We had assumed that 10 man heroic would also be 245 since that is what all the drops are, it would make sense that the 245 tier gear was also available from 10 man Heroic.

While you can debate the difficulty of the actual fights (and every guild will have a different take on the difficulty of each level), it is clear that 10H is a step up from 10N. It SHOULD award better tier gear. It SHOULD drop Trophys of the Crusade. But it doesn't.

I don't agree with that.


(please see my additional reply in this thread)
Marwan
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

I'd have to agree with you also Honors.

While I haven't been in the 10H version of ToC, I have run the 10N, 25N, and 25H versions and I can assume that the 10H is probably a bit tougher than the cakewalk that is 25N.

I don't think 10 man strict guilds should be punished for not stepping into the 25s.

It's already a pain as it is to farm the badges to buy the stupid tier sets, let alone have a Tier set an iLevel behind the off-set drops.
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

The trophies drop from the tribute chest at the end. This is confirmed.
fafhrd
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Does seem kinda lame. Does the 10Hard drop 245 gear different from 25 normal at least, or just the same stuff?
Nikachelle
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Does it only drop one trophy? So in order to outfit an entire ten man raid in ONE piece of tier gear, it would take ten weeks of clearing? :?
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

10-man hard mode bosses drop iLevel 245 versions of normal 10-man gear.

The tribute chest contains different amounts of trophies depending on how many attempts you have left when you clear the instance. I believe clearing it with at least 25 attempts results in two trophies. The amount goes up from there.

The chest also contains other loot, of course. Also, I think bosses have a higher chance to drop orbs and patterns, as we got both on our kill in there.

It's not a bad system, but you'll benefit most once you've gotten practice. And, yes, this place is difficult.
Katraya
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

The number of trophies dropped seems to be directly related to how many attempts you had left out of 50.

Supposedly:
Trial of Skill (25+ attempts) = 2 trophies
Trial of Mad Skill (45+ attempts) = 4 trophies
Trial of Insanity (50 attempts) = 5 trophies + 1 higher ilvl cloak? Not confirmed.
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Katraya wrote:The number of trophies dropped seems to be directly related to how many attempts you had left out of 50.

Supposedly:
Trial of Skill (25+ attempts) = 2 trophies
Trial of Mad Skill (45+ attempts) = 4 trophies
Trial of Insanity (50 attempts) = 5 trophies + 1 higher ilvl cloak? Not confirmed.

That's not including weapon drops from the chest. I believe Trial of Skill awards 2 trophies + 1 weapon... but it might be mad skill that awards the weapon. I think I'm correct, though.
Joanadark
Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

You are correct. For trial of skill my guilds second 10-man group got two trophies and a 255 DPS 2-handed axe that was itemized like Hammer of Crushing Whispers.
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Joanadark wrote:You are correct. For trial of skill my guilds second 10-man group got two trophies and a 255 DPS 2-handed axe that was itemized like Hammer of Crushing Whispers.

*metal horns*

Joanadark, can I join your guild? I'm good, I promise!
Honorshammer
Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

So let's break down the way this works for Tier in reality. Let me first explain the Tribute system that is only for Heroic Mode (10/25). You get 50 'tries' at the instance. Every time you wipe, you lose a try. We wiped 5 times to Northrend Beasts and have only 45 'tries' left for the rest of the instance. When you defeat the last boss on Heroic, you get a Tribute Chest.

10N drops Emblems. You can turn those Emblems in for iLevel 232.
10H drops Emblems. You can turn those Emblems in for iLevel 232. Heroic also drops 2 to 4 Trophies of the Crusade from the Tribute Chest. You can turn in the Trophies, plus some Emblems for the iLevel 245 gear.

25N drops Emblems and 1 Trophy per Boss. You can turn in the Trophies, plus some Emblems for the iLevel 245 gear.

25H drops Emblems and 1 Trophy per Boss. You can turn in the Trophies, plus some Emblems for the iLevel 245 gear. Heroic also drops some number of Regalia from the Tribute chest These work like the tokens from earlier tiers, and are class based (e.g. Priest, Paladin, Warlock).

I had originally written that the system 'punishes' 10 man raiders. Now that I look at it, I don't think it does. It doesn't work the way I thought it would, and that's disappointing. But I can't say it's horribly unfair, or punishes one raid size or the other.
Belloc
Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

I agree with your assessment. I had hoped that the bosses would drop the improved trophies, but this is just added incentive to improve and finish the instance.
Katraya
Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Stolen from MMO-Champion:

World first Tribute to Insanity (10 Players) by For The Horde
For The Horde only needed a few hours to go through the hard mode of the 10-Man Trial of the Crusader .... without dying. They are the first guild to complete the A Tribute to Insanity (10 Players) achievement.

The Tribute Chest loot was :
Swift Horde Wolf (Just one, if you were wondering)
Drape of the Sunreavers (ilvl 258 cloak)
Blood and Glory (ilvl 245 tanking mace)
Trophy of the Crusade x 4

So 4 is the max you can get.


Really surprised someone already one shot every encounter! :shock:
Joanadark
Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Heroic also drops 1 to 5 Trophies of the Crusade from the Tribute Chest. You can turn in the Trophies, plus some Emblems for the iLevel 245 gear.


This part is incorrect.
Tribute to Skill (25+ wipes remaining) rewards 2 trophies plus another item.
Tribute to Mad Skill (45+ wipes remaining) rewards 3(? I need to double check) trophies, cloak, plus another item.
Tribute to Insanity (all 50 wipes remaining) rewards 4 Trophies, the epic land mount, cloak, and one other item.
Honorshammer
Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: 10 Man Heroic Tier Gear

Joanadark wrote:
Heroic also drops 1 to 5 Trophies of the Crusade from the Tribute Chest. You can turn in the Trophies, plus some Emblems for the iLevel 245 gear.


This part is incorrect.
Tribute to Skill (25+ wipes remaining) rewards 2 trophies plus another item.
Tribute to Mad Skill (45+ wipes remaining) rewards 3(? I need to double check) trophies, cloak, plus another item.
Tribute to Insanity (all 50 wipes remaining) rewards 4 Trophies, the epic land mount, cloak, and one other item.


I fixed it.