So yeah, just wondering what kind of gear sets you were all wearing by the time you did the heroic version. thanks
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Venture+Co&n=Zereena

Kishandra wrote:Disagree - at best, 25% of your dps comes from gear. My alt warlock who only pugs 25mans, and has all of one item from it (8.5 legs) easily satisfies the dps requirements for 10man heroic, benching somewhere around 5500 dps on a target dummy.
When we were doing heroic 10man toc with mains, the only real dps stressing was done on beasts. We killed Gormok about 30 seconds before the Worms were supposed to spawn, lost one dps on the worms, had icehowl charge and hit another dps, and still killed Icehowl before he enraged.
Gear for tanks is almost mandatory, but otherwise, dps and healing requirements are almost certainly fillable without better gear.
Also, your tank gear is a fair bit better than mines on my pally alt and I've tanked 10man heroic Anub with no problems.
Naxx 10 Ulduar 10 ToC 10 Heroic ToC 10
-> -> Uld 10 Hard -> Uld 25 Hard -> Heroic ToC 25
Heroics Naxx 25 Ulduar 25 ToC 25Well, the warlock stuff makes a lot more sense, then.Kishandra wrote:I interpreted the nature of the question to be "hey, is this doable in 10man gear."
And my answer to it is absolutely, it's doable. I used examples to illustrate how loosely tuned the enrage timer is in 10man - for a group who barely downed 25man Icehowl after he enraged at 10%. Now obviously, after wiping a bunch of times to the heroic 10s, the OP's 10-man geared group isn't capable of downing the beasts currently. On the other hand, again, I interpreted the question as to "should we simply give up/wait until better gear, or are they defeatable with the gear that we have" - it's doable, just need to up the skill factor, which may or may not be easier than simply getting more gear and outgearing the place.
As for my warlock, the 5500 run was about 2 min of me beating on the level 80 dummy with only curse of elements on it (my own.) No real difference for casters except the hit required vs the heroic dummy, and I had enough to be capped with a draeni and imp ff or misery. I have no problems breaking 7k on patchwerk, but for beasts, my dps is actually down to ~4500 due to movement, waiting, and various target switches. I have 2x ilvl 232 t9 pieces, and a 245 emblem ring, along with the usual conqueror/crafted emblem tier tokens.