Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is 102.4% necessary for raiding?

Angella
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:29 am
Wow did people read this post wrong.

Yeah - I read the stickies and understand that 102.4% is required to tank.

My question is can you float a bit below the 102.4% mark buffless such that you will have over 102.4% after raid buffs have been handed out.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:31 am
Expect that.
I say, don't rely on buffs.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Arcand
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:43 am
...and if you ever get combat-rezzed, get that BoK back on yourself tout de suite, so you don't get blitzed by an unlucky critical. Murphy's Law.

PS: The code of the internet mensch is as follows - if you misunderstand someone, it's because you didn't read well enough. If someone misunderstands you, it's because you didn't write well enough. Take responsibility.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - Tanked 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 1/1 ML, 6/6 ZA, 0.5/5 SSC, 1/3 TK, 0/2 MH, 2/4 BT
The only real things in this game are the other people playing it - so get some f-ing manners.
Guillex
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:44 am
You know ... I've had talks with my wife about saying what she means, and meaning what she says. We both do it... But it's damned confusing.

This:

Arcand
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:47 am
/praise your new Location listing
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - Tanked 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 1/1 ML, 6/6 ZA, 0.5/5 SSC, 1/3 TK, 0/2 MH, 2/4 BT
The only real things in this game are the other people playing it - so get some f-ing manners.
Shoju
Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:14 am
It's SO EASY to be 102.4 before buffs, you should just do it. Then, once you get raid buffs, you could swap around gear to get uncrush and have your max threat. That's what I do anyway.
_________________

econ21
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:04 am
Angella, I was going to post the same question. Your phrasing was clear enough to me. I suspect the regulars here are so far beyond being a new level 70 tankadin, they did not pick on the significance of the pre-raid buff nuance.

Getting to uncrushability for a new level 70 tankadin is NOT that easy for a first time player. You have to research a fair bit, do the right quests, earn the required reputation, get the appropriate enchants and crafted items, get your 15 BOJ etc. That's several weeks of play for casual players.

On topic, I was struggling to get to uncrush last night - I could not find room for my S2 shield or stamina trinket. I was left looking like a rather spindly tank that I certainly would not feel confident having as a raid main tank. Then I popped BOK and got another 9.4% uncrushability. That's a massive boost - more than any one item of gear provides and nearly twice the uncrushability of the BOJ libram. (And indeed means the libram is not required for a new level 70 tankadin to achieve uncrushability.) It allows me to take most of the more beefy gear I use for heroics.

Now I just need to squeeze a few more points of uncrushability so I can wear the S2 shoulders.