Skip to content
Maintankadin

What Consumables to Use While Tanking [severely outdated]

majiben
Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:14 pm
I never used nightmare seeds because first off, I over geared all the raid content I tanked in TBC (go go badge gear) and even as a herbalist I only encountered 5 nightmare seeds in all of TBC.

With the time it takes to get the seeds I would advise against getting new ones but if you have a stock of them already they are still useful.
theothersteve7
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:20 pm
New food as of 3.0.8!!!

Fish Feast
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43015

Inferior to Dragonfin. However, if you're out of food it's quite acceptable and the second best food available. The stamina and stats here are on par with top tier raiding food. It costs 4 Northern Spices to make, and so will probably be mostly limited to raiding.

This requires Cooking 450 to make, being the first food to do so. It is trainable for 5 Cooking Awards. The ultimate dish, as it were.
majiben
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Been in the list from the start listed as a group platter.
theothersteve7
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:00 am
Oops, I should have noticed. Good catch. Well, apparently it's going to be patched into the game now; they missed it on release.
KysenMurrin
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 am
Yeah, IIRC there were four missing recipes - two are being added with the patch, two are being removed entirely.
alexhawz
Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:19 pm

scrolls

Do any of you use scrolls? like protection, str, stam...
i've occasionally used spirit for the heck of it to keep mana regen up,but thats kinda noobish on my part i'm guessing. i dont use them often, and i havent raided much (mostly kara, and a few BC heroics). the stam would be useful if you dont get a priest, or int for mage replacement.
majiben
Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:47 pm
Well as you may or may not know, scrolls no longer stack with class based buffs and are overwritten by those class buffs. The strongest scroll buffs for us are Stamina, Armor, Str, and Agility. We bring our own armor buff so that scroll is out. Either DKs or shamans bring both Str and Agility buffs. The Stamina buff from the scroll pales in comparision to a priest's buff but may be viable if you are desperate for a HP boost and missing a priest.

In 5 mans I can't see myself paying several gold per scroll for something not needed for progression. In 25 mans you will likely have all those buffs already in better quality and for free. In 10 mans you might encounter a few missing buffs and that's where the scrolls could come into play. I personally wouldn't bother with either the STR or Agility scrolls but might use an Stam should I be without a priest.

I might consider adding them to list if more people feel they should be included.
Kelarik
Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:11 pm
I don't use consumables in 5-man, but in Raids I pop out a Great Feast. AP, SP, and Stam in 1 food buff, all good ^_^
Arizara
Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 am
id say that the spell power flask is equally as viable for naxx as endless rage, and much easier to come by... you take a HotR hit, but a huge buff to holy wrath. the hp flask makes me want to cry how much a non-upgrade it is.
majiben
Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:15 pm
Arizara wrote:id say that the spell power flask is equally as viable for naxx as endless rage, and much easier to come by... you take a HotR hit, but a huge buff to holy wrath. the hp flask makes me want to cry how much a non-upgrade it is.
Going out and buying a spell power elixir or flask is never the right move in this era. The +50 str elixir is worth more threat than the flask of the frostwrym.
Gabrion
Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:11 am
I don't fully understand why Rhinolicious Wormsteak isn't on the top of fine dining. I was under the impression that expertise is really good for us...bosses parrying is bad right?
Fridmarr
Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am
Gabrion wrote:I don't fully understand while Rhinolicious Wormsteak isn't on the top of fine dining. I was under the impression that expertise is really good for us...bosses parrying is bad right?


Well expertise doesn't effect a lot of our attacks, and while parrying might cause an increase in haste for the boss, overall it's a pretty small concern.
Dokidoki
Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 am
Thank you majiben, this was very helpful :)
theothersteve7
Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:01 pm
Expertise isn't bad, it's just inferior to Strength, Hit, Attack Power, and a lot of other things. It's a good statistic but we have a lot of awesome statistics.