Skip to content
Maintankadin

Judgements: Bugging, Overlapping, Which per spec?

Mozen
Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:03 pm
Light - you want the effect to benefit your raid the most, hence always have the designated paladin judge light. In order of preference according to current itemization: ret, prot, holy.

Wisdom - you want to maximize its uptime, hence holy is not the ideal source of JoW. Since we prefer ret to judge light, prot should judge wisdom.

Justice - the filler judgement. All other paladins judge justice.

It's not that holy should always judge justice, it's just that when you have all three paladins in your raid, light and wisdom each has its preferences.

You can have everyone judge wisdom and just ignore justice, but there was a bug(?) with Judgement of the Just (Protection tree) where the attack speed debuff will be overwritten by any other judgement of the same type that doesn't have the debuff talent. That puts in a special rule for our judgements: nobody, ever, judge what the tanakadin is judging.

Hence "everyone else judge justice".

TL;DR summary:

1) Light - paladin with highest AP+SP, to maximize healing*
2) Wisdom - uptime matters, so ret or prot
3) Nobody may judge same as tankadin**
4) Rest of them judge justice

*threat component of light will be taken out so we ignore it
**this rule only applies while bug exists
Arnax
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 am
If I understand it correctly, in the next patch the mage talent "Torment of the Weak" will proc on all snare effects on the target, also including the Jugement of Justice.

This would make it meaningful to judge Justice, since it's a decent damage increase for the mages.

Ofcourse, it would still have lower priority than light and wisdom.
_________________
Majiben
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 am
JoJ was not considered a snare effect the last time I checked. This is what allowed it to stay on druids who shifted shapes.
_________________
Levantine
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:31 am
Justice isn't a snare.
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
KysenMurrin
Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 am
The Torment the Weak change allows it to benefit from Judgements of the Just (melee and casting slows are now considered).
_________________
Culhag
Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 am
Does Judgement of Wisdom generate any noticable threat ?
_________________
WotLK stole my sleep.
Eizen
Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:19 pm
I don't judge light cause I'm most certain I'll pull aggro from the tanks.
Me being ret of course.
Maethoriel
Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:35 pm
I judge what is left over... which is justice, most of the times.
The ret wants to judge wisdom because he has it macroed, the holy want to judge light for the epeen healmeter...

Well, I don't realy care what I judge, as long as nobody is overwriting my Judgment of Just Confused
_________________
Knaughty
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:39 pm
Priority order for judging light in 3.0.8 is:

Ret > Prot > Holy.

Light heals based on AP+SP.

Ret has highest AP+SP, then Prot. Holy have highest SP, but no AP to speak of.

My JoL hits for 100 more than the Holy paladins.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty of the Nightfall.
Basic FAQ and Advanced FAQ
Korangar
Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:50 am
Just a minor nitpick here. Retribution only gets AP added to judgement of light, Prot and Holy get AP + SP.

I know that doesn't sound right, but it's true. Sheath of Light is bugged and does not affect Judgement of Light or Sacred Shield. Go find a ret buddy and test this naked. I'm also fairly sure that Blizz is not inclined to fix this bug.

In general though, unless the ret pally has really bad gear, they should still be judging Light come 3.0.8.
camlost
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm
Did 3.0.8 in fact fix the bug that made JoL give us threat? I didn't see anything in patch notes about it.
_________________
Arcand
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:47 pm
It wasn't on the PTR list of changes either, I don't think. When asked about it they replied that there are lots and lots of little bug fixes and tweaks that don't get mentioned in the patch notes.
_________________
"Almost silent, but watchful and helpful."