Skip to content
Maintankadin

What do we judge after 3.08?

Scottzirra
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 pm
I was wondering exactly how JoL functioned. I thought it only effected melee, but i noticed numbers popping off the locks. The tooltip is not entirely clear, but i now assume that any direct damage causes the effect? what about application of dots? what about dot ticks? what about mind flay ticks, blizzard ticks, and other channels?
Scottzirra
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 pm
so i assume any harmful spell includes taunts, fears, debuffs of any sort, and all aoes?
Makaijin
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 pm
Although minor, the mana returns from JoW does give threat. I'm not sure if the JoL threat removal will also apply to JoW as well. Well post-patch threat on JoW or not, it will be my prefered judgment unless the situation calls for JoL.
_________________
Discus
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:49 am
I certainly hoped you weren't judging light so you could get more personal, unused tps while you could have judged wisdom and raised caster and hunter dps.

I certainly was and in my noob guild believe me that threat lead wasn't always unused. Especially when running with dps who vastly out gear me.

I know dps should watch their aggro etc etc, but the reason they were still choosing me over the 40K HP druid or 32K warrior was, with me, they could just go all out dps frenzy and not even worry about threat/omen.

There are 3 MTs in my guild - me, warrior and druid. There's currently little to choose between us - they take me 'cos I generate loadsa threat with JoL thus saving time, they take the druid 'cos he has huge HP and no need to ever stop for mana (I occasionally do, pre boss) and they take the warrior because, according to our healers, she takes least damage.

But thanks, I'll switch to wisdom if on the nights the druid/warrior aren't playing.
Kalakaua
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:19 am
“You can't depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus”

-Mark Twain
Nognoma
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:06 am
Did they change it or not? I just downloaded 3.0.8 and i don't see it any where in the official patch notes that it has been changed. Am I missing something?
Discus
Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 am
So it's out? Surprised Dam 2 hours til home time.
Westin
Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 am
Here's my question: JoW used to scale with gear, rewarding a % of maximum mana, but now rewards a % of base mana, which is constant at all gear levels. Are there new (or changed) coefficients that allow it to scale based on the judger? Or does it no longer scale?

I don't know what (if there were any) the coefficients used to be, but it seems the scaling was written right into the tool tip.
Nognoma
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 am
The arguement is simply settled. The patch hit today did they change the threat generated from Jol procs to 0 or not? I went over the patch notes and bug fixs didn't find anything reffering to a blue post I read a couple of weeks back. I did see they were hot fixing warrior and druid threat (possibly buffing it), so maybe they threw it out the window. Anyone know whats up with it? If the threat is still generated with Jol stick with Jol if not go to JoW and let the rets start Jol. This is all in raid situations and not running 5 mans or heroics.
Scottzirra
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:25 am
would love to update on this with the patch being live, bt they extended maintenance till 1pm PST.

However, if JoL is the only thing that puts you leaps and bounds ahead of your raid in terms of threat, you are just doing it wrong. I judge wisdom in most situations (healers tell me the game is boring enough as it is), however in situations where there is a lot of aoe damage, light is not bad.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the threat that it gave to us, while substantial, is generally not needed. As far as JoW threat, unless they changed the mechanics in 3.0 all mana gains, rage gains, etc generate 0.5 threat per point gained before all multipliers. It should be noted that this is THE EXACT SAME values for healing.
Belloc
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:43 am
Blizzard has stated in many blue posts that this patch would include the threat removal from JoL healing. It's not in the patch notes, but it is in the game.
_________________
Belloc