Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Ultimate "What to stack" List?

Indago
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:26 am
So it did change in a patch or something in the last coupla weeks?
_________________

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Majiben
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:29 am
Math wasn't entirely worked out. Also what was an wasn't affect by hit/expertise was not worked out entirely either.
_________________
Indago
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:37 am
Okay, gottcha.
Smile Thanks for clearing that up, always had trouble wraping my head around the whole hit/expertise thing.
_________________

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
vya
Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:41 am
I would personally change the "Block Cap" priority to:
- Defense
- Dodge
- Block
- Parry

When I was getting into naxx25 gear I prioritized pure avoidance stats over block rating stats. The block rating will come naturally as you get upgrades, but I think that pure avoidance is better than block.
arilink
Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:23 pm
Just to throw in more confusion Razz

For maintanking I'd go for expertise.
Since every tiny bit of mitigation helps and a miss is not an aggro problem.

For add duty/pickup I'd prefer hit.
Since missing with pickup skills, mostly Avenger's Shield, Judgement or even Shield of Righteousness and Exorcism can spoil your day.
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:17 am
You would be best served by going for neither hit nor expertise if you want to maxize survival. Str, dodge, parry, block chance, BV, armor, defense and stamina all provide better survival benefits by orders of magnitudes.
_________________
calthas
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:46 am
Don't you guys think it would be nice to write a wowhead weight scale for tankadins ? I'm not really satisfied with theirs Smile
_________________
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:52 am
The largest issue with the WoWhead scale is that it tries to condense threat and mitigation into one scale. I would love to give it a go but I wouldn't know how to submit it and don't really want to register on their site.
_________________
calthas
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 am
Well, it gives a rating for the item based on the scale, at least. If properly weighted, it could give a clear, even though brief, indication of what item is better.

I would personally use 2 scales, though: a block one, and an avoidance one, but I still need to work on this...
_________________
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:31 am
My on the spot, not yet fully calculated scale would be something like this:

Galannor
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:43 am
Just nitpicking here, but 20k stamina would be very op wouldnt it? Razz
_________________
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:46 am
Good catch, should read 20k HP
_________________
Candiru
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:52 am
Hit gives mitigation too, by lowering the downtime of your Judgements of the Just.

As to whether this is better than expertise or not for mitigation, who can say?
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:02 am
Your odds of having JotJ down time is minisucle. Less than .09% if you are the only one providing a slow (unlikely). Hit does not get any value.
_________________