Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why is my Health ~SO~ low?

Redra
Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 am
if you just want the easiest jump in stam, change professions. Mining and Leatherworking combine for the biggest +stam combination. (+90 to wrists from LW, +50 passive from mining.)

Exceptions:

Enchanting can give +48 total from ring enchants.

Engineers need to be sure they're willing to give up helms, and

JC's/Alchemists need to be sure they're willing to give up trinkets and gems.

Scribes need to be willing to give up the super shoulder chants.
---------------------
I don't recommend this method by any means, but this would allow a jump in stam without a significant sacrifice.
_________________
FlukemDukem
Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:44 am
ive been healing up till last week so the gear i have is good but not on par with our mt. since i havent tanked since BC i read as much as i could as fast as i could and i ran into the same prob high avoid (but not high enough ~93%) and low stam( ~27k). slowly working in more stam atm and gonna start lvling JC shortly but this is a question that has been plaguing me, i see so many ppl talking about block cap but i dont see why block cap would be better then getting stam as high as possible because spells are still gonna tear u up.
_________________
The All-arouladin
Kelarik
Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 am
It's all about playing to your strengths I guess. Pallys make the best physical damage tanks, and hitting the block cap makes your effective health jump up quite nicely.
_________________
Frickit
Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:36 am
Ive had a pretty large amount more health than both our warrior maintanks for the entire time we've been gearing up. I also have more avoidance and for that matter, more threat. We are in comprable gear but they both have 4 piece T7.5 where I have not taken any tier pieces.

We are all basically done gearing except I still havent found a shield...I still have at least 1k more hp with more avoidance...and I think I may even have 2k more hp. Until recently Ive had 3-4k more buffed, the gap is starting to close now but even when it seems like they've gotten way better drops and Ive been passing, Im still ahead. I wear one stam trink and one avoidance 99% of the time. So Im confused. Try mining and jewelcrafting or some sort of hp combo for professions maybe?
_________________
andz
Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 am
I´m puzzled, why does a Warrior with 44 less stamina (according to armory) has 747 HP more than me? (no +HP enchants on chest)
andz
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:38 am
Jep thx, checked the base Health which is 8112 vs. 6945 or something like that. Smile
Senador
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 am
Things are relative.

First, if your avoidance is that high, and you have near 27k unbuffed HPs, you can tank anything in game with the exception of Sartharion with Shadron/Vesperon up, or Malygos 25 if he is eating Sparks.

In my current set up, I have about 29k unbuffed, however I am block capped, and don't use Stamina Trinkets. It frustrates the Tauren Warrior in my guild why he has so much more HPs, and better gear than I do (Maexxna belt, Razuv Bracers, 7.5 Chest, Maly 25 Legs, Kel Shield, 7.5 Helm, etc) than I do (About 42/43k full buffed to my 37k) and yet he takes so much more damage (He sacrificed a lot for stamina and threat, much to my consternation; until very recently, he had sub 40% Dodge + Parry and bare minimum defense, and is trying to get 51 Expertise...)

People are still stuck in the old "More HPs = Better Tank" mentality, and likely will, as it's persisted since even way back in previous MMOs. If you are having serious issues with groups seeing your HP and balking, make a Stamina set, Titansteel Helm, Stamina Trinkets, some PVP junk, etc, inflate that HP as high as it goes. Once they start throwing buffs on you, they won't even notice that you swapped out that for your real gear.