Skip to content
Maintankadin

4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Shoju
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

I have a question for you Knaughty.

Is Word of Glory worth enough if you aren't running H:LK level content to worry about? I understand that Hallowed Ground and Grand Crusader are 'mediocre to brokenly bad' right now, but am I going to be staring at Word of Glory and cursing myself for taking the talents otherwise?

I will admit that I missed the last ~7 days of PTR and Beta so I could be off, but I never found WoG to be "useful" at 80 in the content that I run.
astreiker
Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Have you considered taking that one point you have in Eternal Glory and moving it to Hallowed Ground (which i know sucks from a single target tps perspective) to help on AOE pulls in lvl 80 content for next 2 months? We are pulling it out of a zero tps talent to a small tps talent that we will only use on AOE situations anyway.

Basically everything I am reading is that we will never use WoG except in an absolute emergency (IE - Healers dead or Dc'd) and in that case who cares if casting WoG has a 15% chance to not cost HoPo?

Thoughts?
rickforking
Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Thanks for the FAQ, boss. Just wanted to say that I get a kick out of your opening, no matter how many times I read it.
MotiVater
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Just wanted to add my thanks knaughty, I've not kept up with the changes in recent months so this is exactly what I need to get back into business tomorrow.
Chicken
Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

The change to Librams/Relics might be worth noting as well, while it should be pretty obvious to anyone who takes a look at their gear it's something that could probably do with a similar explanation as you gave for the defense removal and such.