Skip to content
Maintankadin

4.3 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

knaughty
Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

I'm totally claiming that my Theck's Emberseal was the settlement for the copyright infringement!

Jokes aside, here's retrospective public permission to adapt my 4.0 FAQ into this one.

Feel free to move this post closer to the start of the thread (if that's actually possible).
theckhd
Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

knaughty wrote:Feel free to move this post closer to the start of the thread (if that's actually possible).


I don't think it is, even if I did have moderator privileges in BT. If I had, I'd probably have just updated your thread directly.
Arcand
Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

I'm sure there's all kinds of madcap fun to be had with shuffling the post order
in a thread, but I can't do it.

I'll just edit your authorization into the first post.
theckhd
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

econ21 wrote:I wonder if it would be useful to add the question "what add-ons should I use?" I think some enhance the game so much, a genuinely new tank needs to know about them.

....

On gearing, I think you should have a question "How should I reforge?"


Both suggestions incorporated into the guide, let me know if I missed anything.
lythac
Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 am

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Not related to Protection Paladin Basics (so you may not feel it worthwhile to include in this guide) in regards to "Q: I have a raid in 5 minutes, tell me how to spec?". If I had a raid in 5 minutes and didn't have a spec/know what spec to use I probably wouldn't know the boss fights that I would be tanking.

Add some tactics sites under links?

I quite like that Icy Veins has a detailed version of fights as well as a simple guide for Tank/Healer/DPS. And has trash tactics.

I'm sure people can google for a site, unfortunately they might get pointed to Bosskillers which is now a site for gold selling.
theckhd
Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Maybe I can turn the Links section into a "Resources" section which would cover guides, strat sites, etc. I'm familiar with Icy Veins and StratFu, and of course our strategy forum, but I haven't really kept up with many of the old strat sites. Are there any other reputable strategy sites I should include?
RedAces
Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

I thought StratFu stopped?
I used 25man.com and LearnToRaid.com for a few guides.
theckhd
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: 4.2 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Links section upgraded. If anyone has suggestions of links I should add or modifications to the descriptions, please post them.