Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Wait guys. Gotta drink."

Seloei
Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:29 pm
the only item you can equip midfight, is a shield. You can't swap out trinkets/armor pieces. Only the weapon, shield and libram.

But yeah, other option is to take off a piece or two (say shield at near end fight to get hit)
_________________
Jonzac
Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:16 am
Just finished tanking Uldaman at lvl 42 last night, all in mail so but my Defence is at 227 or so.

I was having the same problem which I countered this way.

1. I just started using JoW to pull and then Conscrate to keep aggro. It made me use RD a couple of times but not often.

2. I stopped using HS. I found that letting the mobs beat on me with Ret Aura and Cons 3 and then 2 was enough, except for the shammy who liked to max out DPS.

3. I started pulling more about 1/2 way through the instance (1st time I had ever been in there). I was doing much better when I was pulling groups of 6-8.

My only real problem was the shammy. If he hit the mob first I was never able to consistently pull aggro back even in conscration and using JoR. I would use RD on him, but I couldn't keep it off of him if he got a threat lead....any ideas on how to climb back into the Threat lead if I get behind?

On a good note the healer only got hit *once* during the whole instance so I felt pretty good about that.
Aleriya
Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:30 am
Once you have enough threat on a target that the dps can kill it before pulling aggro, stop using mana on it. That is the #1 thing that helped me learn to get over my addiction to water.

If you're really bored, build just enough threat that the dps will pull aggro 5-6 seconds before it dies, and then stun the mob before it turns.

Omen is fun Smile

If you've got good dps, you can often get away with building almost no threat on the first dps target and stunning it instead, and then get a head start on #2. When the dps turns to #2, you start building threat on #3, etc.
_________________
Narcil
Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 am
man, you should have seen my Guild's reaction in Kara last night...I decided to push what I was pulling...I pulled almost the entire room before Moroes, no problem...pulled the first 3 undead horses + the pat, no problem..lol...love seeing them say "oh @(^#", but once I did it a few times, they learned to trust what I can handle
Moses
Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:26 am
Pull more IMO.

You said you took mana tap off your bar?!?!?! Wrong mentality. As a tankadin you are going to have plenty of spare gcds in your tanking routine. If you are fighting any mobs that use mana try to squeeze in your mana taps and build up 3. With our small mana pools the 500ish mana returned from a fully charged arcane torrent is significant.
_________________
Narcil
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:49 am
Yeah, pulling mobs in Kara, you use it a LOT...lol, shield 1 group, Exorcism on one, and Mana Tap another lol, and u can do it while fighting and not loose your block (like you would throwing a Shield), it is also great on caster pulls, to make them all move in closer
Levantine
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:10 pm
If I get left to my own devices I pump out 500dps spamming smite. More if the pally has judged Crusader and I'm using SWP, Blast and Death, but those involve me paying attention, and it's more fun to mash shift-1.
_________________