Skip to content
Maintankadin

4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Epimer
Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 am

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Awyndel wrote:They don't create chemicals actually, they create chemistry.


Eh? They create ludicrous numbers of metric tonnes of chemicals per annum. I've been to their Ludwigshafan site and the scale they operate on is mind-boggling. Their research division does a load of catalysis development, sure, but they're still a chemical company at heart.

What a weird tangent to go off on in a Protection Paladin Basics thread.
android
Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Arcand wrote:
The media company BASF gives you your checklist: Blessing, Aura, Seal, Fury.

Losing auras isn't an issue anymore, but it was a couple years ago when I made this up - and keeping it in the checklist should save you from starting a run with Crusader on. It also prompts you to consider if you're in a caster-heavy instance where Resistance will do more for you than Devotion.



I use a castsequence macro for basic tank buffs, that way I never forget.

/castsequence reset=60 Seal of Truth, Blessing of Kings, Righteous Fury, !Devotion Aura

Note that they're in the order of how they run out: Seal is 30 minutes, Blessing is 60 minutes, the rest last until you die or turn them off. So if you see you have 11 minutes left on your seal, you can just click you "tank" macro and you're good to go for another half hour.

The ! in front of Devotion Aura forces it on instead of making it a toggle.

reset=60 means it resets in 60 seconds. Usually more than enough time to go through the sequence and it's ready to go again in a minute.

Keep Blessing of Might as a separation item on your action bar. When a druid is present, they should run Mark of the Wild, then you should change to BoM.
Sebiksjr
Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

Great addon for this is called SmartBuff. Lets you set any/all buffs, for any class, to any button, with visual (and audible) warnings when they are wearing off. I bind mine to the scroll wheel up/down. It auto checks for anyone in range missing a buff I'm capable of giving, and then puts a visual on the scree, and as soon as I scroll the wheel it buffs em. All kinds of settings so you can have different buffs set for different classes (i.e. Might for melee, King's for, anyone else - not that we do this anymore, but you can set it if you want), even includes auras (auto crusader when mounted, back to Devo/Retri when you dismount). Great addon, been using it for years. :D
DexterBelgium
Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 am

Re: 4.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics.

I still keep pallypower for this purpose (if nothing else). Well, that and nostalgia (good old times of sorting out pally buff assignments for a raid, RL said: pallies, you got it sorted amongst you, and we would just be like: YEAH).