Skip to content
Maintankadin

Level 70 Threat Cycles in 3.0

Andox
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:50 pm
steadypal wrote:damm psi so are you saying we must have 1/2 imp judgement to be top threat rotation?

should i go 2/3 shield of templar to get that 1 pt over there?

or should i go 0 in shield of templar and put those 2 points into imp devo aura to max it out or put 2 into seal of the pure HMM


http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533312321

4 points over.
steadypal
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:01 pm
Andox wrote:
steadypal wrote:damm psi so are you saying we must have 1/2 imp judgement to be top threat rotation?

should i go 2/3 shield of templar to get that 1 pt over there?

or should i go 0 in shield of templar and put those 2 points into imp devo aura to max it out or put 2 into seal of the pure HMM


http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533312321

4 points over.




i was more thinking about a lvl 70 spec with 1/2 imp judge
Scotthew
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:53 pm
4 | 51 | 6

^ This is what I'm considering. I'll probably take Kings over Reckoning depending how my other paladins spec. I was also torn between Seals of the Pure vs. Benediction vs. Guarded by the Light.


Andox
Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:15 pm
steadypal wrote:
Andox wrote:
steadypal wrote:damm psi so are you saying we must have 1/2 imp judgement to be top threat rotation?

should i go 2/3 shield of templar to get that 1 pt over there?

or should i go 0 in shield of templar and put those 2 points into imp devo aura to max it out or put 2 into seal of the pure HMM


http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533312321

4 points over.




i was more thinking about a lvl 70 spec with 1/2 imp judge


Well, you won't do the "real" 969 rotation on level 70 anyway
PsiVen
Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:25 am
damm psi so are you saying we must have 1/2 imp judgement to be top threat rotation?


Yep.

SotP is absolutely not worth taking in a 70 spec. I'm looking at 0/52/9 or 0/55/6 depending on whether our holy pallies dip into Ret.
Krycheck
Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Level 70 Threat Cycles in 3.0

PsiVen wrote:
The final rotation:

Prep SoV
00.0 HS
01.5 HotR
03.0 Judgement
04.5 (free) <-- AS
06.0 Cons
07.5 HotR
09.0 HS
10.5 (free) <-- SoR
12.0 Judgement
13.5 HotR
15.0 Cons
16.5 (free) <-- SoV
18.0 HS
19.5 HotR
21.0 Judgement
22.5 (free) <-- SoR
24.0 Cons
25.5 HotR
27.0 HS
28.5 (free) <-- SoV
30.0 Judgement
31.5 HotR
33.0 Cons
34.5 (free) <-- AS

...


I'm curious as to why you start with HS instead of the usual (or so I thought) AS, Judge, Cons, HS... ? Isn't it one of our strengths that we can burst threat in the beginning by starting out this way? I haven't done the calculations on the rotation mind you so maybe it's because we have to adapt to something I haven't thought of. Second thing, is there going to be a new thread for when we get hold of ShoR for the new threat rotation that will undoubtly be needed to fit it in?
Scotthew
Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Level 70 Threat Cycles in 3.0

Krycheck wrote:I'm curious as to why you start with HS instead of the usual (or so I thought) AS, Judge, Cons, HS... ? Isn't it one of our strengths that we can burst threat in the beginning by starting out this way? I haven't done the calculations on the rotation mind you so maybe it's because we have to adapt to something I haven't thought of. Second thing, is there going to be a new thread for when we get hold of ShoR for the new threat rotation that will undoubtly be needed to fit it in?

IMO, where you start is fairly irrelevant; over a given period the rotation would be the same. The rotation I've written for myself starts with AS followed by HS. :wink:


Lore
Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:42 pm
Moved to Basic Training forum.
PsiVen
Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Level 70 Threat Cycles in 3.0

Scotthew wrote:
Krycheck wrote:I'm curious as to why you start with HS instead of the usual (or so I thought) AS, Judge, Cons, HS... ? Isn't it one of our strengths that we can burst threat in the beginning by starting out this way? I haven't done the calculations on the rotation mind you so maybe it's because we have to adapt to something I haven't thought of. Second thing, is there going to be a new thread for when we get hold of ShoR for the new threat rotation that will undoubtly be needed to fit it in?

IMO, where you start is fairly irrelevant; over a given period the rotation would be the same. The rotation I've written for myself starts with AS followed by HS. :wink:




In fact if you aren't twisting it is probably preferable to open with AS before the boss is in range for anything else, and use it in the next free slot that comes up. You gain most of an AS worth of threat this way.

However if you start with out-of-rotation abilities you will simply screw up your rotation later, depends on whether you believe the burst is worth a loss overall. FWIW I would usually do something like this:

Precast SoV
-3.0 Consecrate
-1.5 AS
0.0 HS <-- as boss reaches melee
1.5 HotR

etc. It's not safe to precast HS anymore because you won't guarantee its uptime without a GCD conflict outside your normal rotation. But you can still do it with Consecration and gain a couple opening ticks.
Vallazar
Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:27 pm
What exactly does seal twisting do? Does it give us a significant boost in threat? Since SoR is going to be doing damage with our attacks, while SoV does not? Also, will be seal twisting after level 75 when we get ShoR?
Howlindawg
Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:47 pm
I just wanted to say thanks for the informative post and constructive discussion. This is just the sort of information and analysis I was looking for on this forum.
steadypal
Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:53 am
with the new addition to shield of the templar, i have to refit this into my spec, prior to GC's post today i had a good spec with 1/2 imp judgement, but now i cant seem to get it and figure out what to take 1 point out of to get into 1/2 judgement


NOW how bad will it be to not put points into judgement at all???


and also how bad would it be to just judge every 20 seconds to keep up the debuff?

just wondering cause damm, cant fit it in there,,,


psi, what spec will u be doing at lvl 70?
PsiVen
Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:36 pm
As mentioned in the OP, Judgement casts are reduced by about 29% if you don't spec into it. So think of the one talent point as increasing your Judgement damage by 41%. Since there's no way you're going to be spending a single talent point on more threat than that, you shouldn't be leaving it out of your spec.

My spec at 70 will probably be something like this: 0/55/6
steadypal
Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:51 am
PsiVen wrote:As mentioned in the OP, Judgement casts are reduced by about 29% if you don't spec into it. So think of the one talent point as increasing your Judgement damage by 41%. Since there's no way you're going to be spending a single talent point on more threat than that, you shouldn't be leaving it out of your spec.

My spec at 70 will probably be something like this: 0/55/6



so 1/2 imp judgement is better than max rank 1h spec? urs is 4% dmg, 10% seems alot better so the 1/2 judge is better than 6% more dmg/threat with ALL of our talents??

would u consider taking the point out of judgements of the just?