YoYoMa
Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:06 pm
Winchester, do you or Whitewolf have the source for the DR data? I'm just curious as to the data behind it. Thanks, great guide btw!

YoYoMa wrote:Winchester, do you or Whitewolf have the source for the DR data? I'm just curious as to the data behind it. Thanks, great guide btw!
Logane wrote:If you have more defense than 540, does this give you any additional miss rating beyond the 5.6% miss rating you received when you bumped the crit off the table? If this is the case, why bother stacking anything but the most defense you could find?
Light
This one scales with the casters attack and spellpower so if there are a bunch of paladins in the raid the one with best stats casts this.
Logane wrote: If you have more defense than 540, does this give you any additional miss rating beyond the 5.6% miss rating you received when you bumped the crit off the table? Say, for the sake of argument, you hit around 812 defense rating (that is 122 above the minimum needed for 540 defense), would you then have 6.6% change to miss, plus the additional 1% dodge/crit/block? If this is the case, why bother stacking anything but the most defense you could find?
Utzz wrote:"The 100 sided Dice.
Let’s say you have 400 defense and 10% chance to dodge/block/parry, the attack table would then look like this:0.01-5.00 = miss
"
5.01-15.00 = dodge
15.01-25.00 = parry
25.01-35.00 = block
35.01-40.00 = crit
40.01+ = hit
Very new to tanking, much less the attack table, so please bare with me as I'm sure I'm missing something small here.
When you said "Let's say you have 400 def..." - it has thrown me for a loop. I thought we had a 5% base chance to miss an incoming attack. With 400 extra def, that's like 16% (400 * .04) more miss yet your table has stayed static at 5%. Or do we start out with 400 def which gives us that base 5% chance? But then the 1 def skill = .04% conversion doesn't jive.
What am I missing?
Strength: Overall a very good stat to go for. It’s a threat and mitigation stat. You get 2 attack power per 1 strength as well as 1 block value per 2 strength.