Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you cleanse?

KysenMurrin
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:56 am
Just turn on Auto Self-Cast, yeah. I hated having to target myself to heal and buff while levelling, so I've always used that.

I have had a mouseover macro for Cleanse set up for a long time now (wa the first one I used), and the key's in easy reach - I Cleanse all the time.
_________________
thegreedyturtle
Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:21 am
Only time I don't cleanse is if I've done 3 or more in a row. If the healer is holy paladin, helping to keep aoe poisons off the group is extremely useful. Last boss of AN comes to mind, for those poisoner adds I keep threat and cleanse, cleanse, cleanse!

I'm not going to get into a deep discussion about it, but I can tell you that any healer who isn't a shaman will love you for cleansing.

My biggest question here is, why do ret pallies suck so hard at cleansing?
mavfin
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:32 am
If I know there's lots of poison or disease that needs dispelled while I'm on my elemental shaman, I make sure I put the appropriate totem down for it. Like poison on Hadronox, or Maexxna, or disease on Heigan (no, NOT on Grob, I know that!).

Anything to help the healer out. If I have a paladin healer in a 5-man, and it's relatively small AoE damage, I'll put up healing stream, assuming we have replenishment. It actually boggles my mind that actions like this are not more or less automatic on the part of other shamans...
_________________
--Mav
daemonym
Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 am
control+4 is self cleanse for me, i always do it regardless. i'd rather the healer spent a gcd casting a heal. threat shouldn't be so much of an issue that messing up your rotation will ruin your day.
_________________
Frickit
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:23 am
I use a mouseover macro and I have grid. Pretty easy to spam cleanses without changing targets. It screws up the rotation though.
_________________
Chanticleer
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:29 am
I've actually been yelled at by healers in the past for self-cleansing, let alone the rest of the group so I'm sure to check where my heals are coming from before I pop the button.

One of the downsides of such smooth damage intake is the healers get bored if there isn't something exciting to do like removing debuffs.
_________________


Knowing is half the battle.
The other half is violence!
Candiru
Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:38 am
I remember tanking Maiden as the only cleanser in the raid.

I spent a lot of the fight spamming my mouseover cleanse on people until it went through.
Pyres
Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:25 am
Decursive - ftw ...

I put myself in spot 1 - OT in spot 2 - healers after that ...
Use it all the time. Obviously more important in some fights than others but. :^)
MilaMan
Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:15 am
This is more of a "fail pug is fail" thing, but it's ironic to me that I'm seeing this thread when this is what happened to me last night::

Last boss in H Azjol Nerub (Anub'arak, I think?), me on my tankadin, healadin, ele shammy, hunter and rogue.

Most people would think...Wow, 3 people that can cleanse, must've been a cake walk!

Er.....no.

Technically speaking we had ONE person who could (ie knew enough to), which was myself. It's quite amusing (repair bill aside) to see a holy paladin with 3 poison debuffs get shot into the air by the spikes and die from the poisons before he hits in the ground.

We wiped...oh...probably 5 or 6 times before I finally dropped group. Healadin never cast a single cleanse, whereas I was frantically spamming the damn thing while still maintaining aggro. Good times. Good times -.-
_________________
Lakhesis
Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 am
Most definitely.

Throughout BC we generally had the traditional warrior MT setup. We've been running WotLK as a less-fixed setup, depending on which class is appropriate.

We always include cleanse into that equation.. if a fight requires regular non-incidental tank cleansing, then I tend to do it cos I can be self-sufficient in that regard (Maexnna being the obvious example).

I generally avoid screwing around cleansing others - even with mouseovers/mods/whatever it can just get awkward - but sometimes it is necessary/helpful in 5s or 10s.

- Lakh.