Skip to content
Maintankadin

Avenger's shield and the daze

Noradin
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:39 am
Since mobs in nothrend dungeons stand too far apart for AS to bounce most fo the time and the snare annoys me greatly when pulling mobs (again most of the time - it can be helpful for CC from slow players in pugs or in PvP, but thats not "pulling mobs") I throw AS after the pull just before the mobs reach me.
_________________
Koatanga
Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:54 pm
I typically use a targeting add-on that marks my current target with a raid icon. This allows my DPS to see which of the mobs in a given AoE pull that I am building most threat upon.

In a raid environment, it allows other tanks to see what I am handling, so they can handle other things.

I would prefer not to have the daze effect because I would like the thing I am targeting to reach me as quickly as possible so that I can build additional threat on it as quickly as possible.

It is also desirable for the group to pull together so that they arrive at the tanks pretty much simultaneously, thus staying nicely grouped so the DPS can maximise the benefit of AoE attacks.

I don't think it should be removed form the main spell, since people do like it and use it as intended. But a glyph to remove the daze would be nice, and if it lowered the cooldown I would love it.
Zoltar
Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:35 pm
A minor Glyph to remove the daze would be perfect IMO. Yep, I know how to use AS's daze to my advantage but I just don't find it necessary.
_________________
.
.
.
Arnock
Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:00 pm
I used to find the daze effect somewhat useful to grab threat on sheeped targets before they reached my, and the daze was a LOT shorter then, but the 10 second daze is just ridiculous, there have been several times I've pulled a wandering pat because the mobs were taking so freaking long to reach me with the daze.

I say we need a minor glyph to remove the daze, or remove the daze and have a glyph to add the daze =P
_________________

Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Feyray
Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am
I have to agree with the OP on this one. Although what you describe is one other valuable whay of using AS, I also use it to simultaneously build threat and slow mobs that are going after ranged dps/healers buying me time to get to the mob and the dpser time to get away. There's a mirriad of uses for it though I suppose, but personaly I'd be very sorry to see it go. It just comes down to personal tanking style I suppose. The thing I would miss about it the most is that it's our only snare outside of hammer as a means to lock down a mob to close range. In pvp it's my favorite ability ( Yes I pvp as prot)

As for dpsers pulling aggro becuase the mob didn't get to you fast enough, thats not a problem with the ability, thats a problem with an impatient dpser. Let them learn it on a run back from the gy. The first rule of dpsing is if the mob isn't standing toe to toe with your tank, your tank isn't building threat, hence don't dps the mob. Don't nerf my skills, train your dpsers or find better ones.