theckhd wrote:I actually got a "resist" message for RD last night in a heroic, according to RSA. I assumed that it was an addon bug.
More pertinent to this conversation, keep in mind that many mobs cast spells now, and may switch to a random target or drop target entirely. This is bad for Righteous Defense, as using it on the mob will transfer the RD cast to the current target, which may not be the highest person on the aggro table.
I know this is old, sorry, I only just noticed it now, but the taunt resist messages will only fire if SPELL_MISSED fires, which should only fire if the spell misses, that encompasess any reason - such as being immune or missing. You'll note though that RSA does have a unique message for resists and immunes, so it should state a different message if the mob is immune.
My addon isn't perfect but I do try and make sure really misinformative things like announcing resists that aren't really resists don't happen.