Skip to content
Maintankadin

Last Man Standing

Tyaera
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:23 pm
you would be better off with either Faceguard of Determination from badges, or the goggles from engineering.

Green fortress are nice though.
_________________
i put the sensual

back into nonconsensual

degre
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:13 pm
Am I the only one that think the equip is kinda crap for heroic? o_O

Dunno... but I'll change a couple of pieces before going hc, first of all with some SV runs for chest, neck and back, and then as a last step TK farming for the Crest.

Also, 161 spelldmg looks to me like a bare minimum that badly need to be improved...

Maybe I don't remember very well how I was geared when I started doing hc, but this is just my impression at a first glance.
Mortiran
Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:24 pm
I see the real reason you are failing ...
You have a hunter your guild named "Dumbledore" LOL
Discus
Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:16 am
Thanks degree, that'll help with guildmates I've re-directed here.

Maybe you checked my profile when I was wearing something odd, but my spell damage is 200 not 161.

As for improvement now, I've followed the excellent guides to pre-heroic/kara gearing up on this site almost to the letter. I'd be fascinated in learning what better gear I can get pre-heroic/raid without doing awful PVP?
Luzious
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:55 am
I normally just troll here to gather info for my up and coming Tankadin, However wanted to chime in from a DPS Perspective as that's what I currently am (and not even a high one ...SPriest Mana battery FTW) But anyway, what everyone here is telling you is absolutely correct I run with what I consider well geared tanks who can most definitely play their class even that being said I definitely have to throttle in certain situations especially boss fights. I could rip aggro from any Tank I wanted it's really fairly easy but pointless in the goals of what your trying to accomplish so like everyone already said here this is a situation where the dps needs to take a look in the mirror.

-Most classes have some sort of threat reduction talent or ability
-There is at least one trinket available to help with threat I forget the name
-Range classes should always be at max range if possible (This helped me out big time with threat)
Discus
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 am
OK thanks degre, not thought of the vengeance card as a way of increasing aggro, I'll consider that instead of an epic helmet/wristband.

I have read the stickies - what I couldn't find was a better spell damage weapon than the cystal sword + major spell power enchant pre-kara. In fact I read this was the best of the bunch. The options for upgrades to weapon spell damage seem limited to:

Lower city gavel (159 sp dm, requires exalted rep)

S1 EotSt gavel (199 spl damage) - I HATE BGs and actually feel strongly they are destroying the whole balance of WoW - shifting it to a PVP game instead of a dungeon based game with an option of PVP. If I wanted to fight teenage boys I'd seek out my local Spar (rant over).

Blade of Wizardry (159 spell damage requires no fighting with teenage boys or grinding lower city rep, costs about 1200g on my server)

I'm tempted by the last weapon but it seems conspicously absent from the gear stickies which suggests its not a suitable tanking weapon?
Snake-Aes
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:38 am
Wizardry is the one with a haste proc? It's wasted. My upgrade to Continuum was the LC gavel, and from there to raid gear(Punisher)
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Discus
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 am
K thanks snake, I did find a thread on it here eventually which said the lack of stamina and haste meant it was pointless for tankadins.

I guess it's the lower city gavel then, I better get grinding lower city rep Smile
Sweeney
Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:15 pm
So true. I wouldn't spend hours grinding for a +50 spellpower upgrade, when the next piece of PVP armor your DPS gets is going to up them enough to pass you again. You can't outgear bad play.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
degre
Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:19 pm
My progression for weapons was to get as I reached 70 to buy a Crystalforged sword and change it for the ZA mace.

The crystalforged is cheap, I got mine for 120g, gives you lots of stamina (30) and shield block, which is always usefull.

Pointless to go for the S1 gavel unless you enjoy some pvp.
From my perspective, totally disliking EotS I've avoided even attempting.
Blade of Wizardry sucks. No stamina. Spell haste. (as stated above)
Lower City gavel discarde. Painful to have the rep, spell crit, less stamina then the crystalforged.

You don't need to have tons of spelldmg for the content you are facing, the Crystalforged is the best option you have before rading unless you want to do pvp.
Discus
Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:00 am
Thanks again degre, really helpful stuff.

Yeah, I tried Eost for first time last night - we won, I got 200 honour points for standing by a tower for 20 minutes. Can't see myself doing that another 250 times to get my 50k for my gavel.

It does seem my guild is becoming more and more PVP based and no matter what I do with gear if dps employ pvp tactics (ie no tactics) in dungeons nothing will help. I'm reluctant to leave as I consider the guild leader and some members friends.

Confused
Sweeney
Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:28 am
This is well outside a gearing/spec discussion, but I have to say I'm friends with plenty of people I'm not guilded with, or who were in our guild but left. They're really not exclusive.

It's also reasonable (if kind of pointless) to wear their guild tag while raiding with other folks.

But look, point blank, you're in a guild that isn't interested in doing the same kind of content you are. Would your friends really want you to stay and be unhappy versus doing things you like, having fun, and chatting with them?
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem