Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why was Hand of Righeousness needed?

Doxa
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:14 pm
Hmm.. I think that this won't work either as my "Shift" 7 will actually be the & symbol.

Maybe I just need to add it to my action bar and BT bind it to "&".
Montmatre
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:29 am
I am a Ret pally but occasionally i am required to respec tankadin everynow and again.

I will love this new ability alot more in Ret, because as stated before pulling mobs that fly is a royal pain, especially when you left your monsterbag in the bank and have to jump around like an idoit (even if you have it, you loose a trinketslot because of it).

There are also times when ret pallies like a single target taunt, BoP on cd and want to save a healer, righteous is ok in these stages but sometimes the MT may grab the add himself as part of a reflex action. From experience Ret pallies don't do too well against bosses.....

While you guys haver the Avengers Shield and the Holy boys Holy Shock us little Ret boys and girls have nothing really
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt%20(EU)&n=Sarasvaati] [/url]
Montmatre
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:46 am
Shhh, people may actually start asking Ret pallas to CC Smile.

Though I maon at the 30 sec CD of the mosterbag, 1 min is a bit long to wait Smile
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt%20(EU)&n=Sarasvaati] [/url]
Andurin
Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:04 am
Why was it needed?

Tank adds at the big Dwagon in Dwagonblight... Adds goes to Main tank. I hit taunt. Dwagon turns and starts hitting me Shocked

Warrior in shock: LOL OMG WTF?!
Raidleader in shock: What was that?
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHA lol that was funny, lets do it again!

Wont happen again if we get the new taunt tho ^^ I`m just not gonna discard my RD completely yet ^^ Its so much fun to annoy my warrior tank partner ^^
_________________
Andurin - Tankadin Emerald Dream EU

10mans Tonked: Dwagon in Dwagonblight: 1/1 | Big rock in Wintergrasp: 1/1 | Naxx: 3 / 3 spiders /\ Abomanations: 1 / (3 or 4) |
vikingpala
Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:28 am
This will finaly remove the need of having a dps class "taunt" single mob off MT/OT when both MT/OT is pala. 4H can be a pain to tank with 2x pala. There u stand throwing RD on echouter Smile

Its a heavely missed skill when tanking in raid. In hc i don't taunt at all Smile Atleast extreem rare cases. Actualy use RD mostly on thos "whats around this corner.. Ohh, arghh mobs" nabs who body pulls mobs,

I mostly just hope this will work good when taunting another tank who has hugh threath on that target.

Anyway, a most whanted raid skill for me!
Thx Bliz Smile
_________________
Koatanga
Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 pm
I can think of several reasons for the single-target taunt, most of which are mentioned here.

One of these is the Four horseman fight. My 10-man group runs 2 pally tanks, so we don't taunt. Fortunately our healers are good enough to keep us up just fine with the 9-12 stacks we get.

We don't necessarily *need* the single taunt for that fight, but it would make things easier.

Another thing you might consider is using a cast sequence macro. Something like:

/castsequence reset=8 Righteous Defense; Hand of Reckoning

I would always use RD first in that macro - use another button for Hand of Reckoning on its own. Any situation where you need the single taunt you don't want to accidentally group taunt.

That would give you 2 taunts every 8 seconds, which is very useful if someone ass-pulls a group.
Majiben
Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:54 pm
9-12 stacks is ridiculous. I would replace your dps if that's occurring.
_________________
Candiru
Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 am
And most importantly, it means we can taunt mobs which are still targeting us.

For those of you who do not know, it at least USED to be helpful on lurker.

Since lurker wouldn't target ranged you would have agro meter of:

Warlock------------------>
mage--------------->
TANK--------->
Melee--------->

if the tank thought the melee would overagro, they could hit taunt on lurker. This would result in the following threat table:

Tank------------------------->
Warlock--------------------->
mage---------------->
melee----------->

which obviously gives a lot more threat room for the melee!

I don't know if this is still the case in wrath, but I suspect it might be.

Was usefull on Al'ar for example, since in P1 he isn't affected by agro, but still builds it. In P2 he does obey agro.

Warriors could taunt al'ar while he was tanking him to get threat, while we couldn't.