theckhd wrote:While the Defense and Weapon Skill stats have been removed from the game as far as the players are concerned, they probably still exist in the game code in some form. In all likelihood, they just took them out as independent stats and tied them directly to level (i.e. weapon_skill=5*level). Since they were redundant to the player at that point, they got axed from the UI.
This is correct. At both of the previous Blizzcons ('09 and '10), Blizzard specifically stated that the stats were not "removed", they just found them too confusing for the community as a whole to have to deal with, so they took them out of our UIs.
I have a question about Expertise. You posted:
theckhd wrote:...and 56 expertise skill (1682 rating) to remove parries from the table. Expertise is only half as effective after 26 rating, so despite being our best threat stat below the "soft-cap" of 26 expertise skill, it's not efficient to try and increase threat by pursuing extra expertise past 26 skill.
If it appears that threat were a problem (either for me, personally, or as a whole)... would it be worthwhile to reforge for expertise (to the 56 limit)?
I took some time off of tanking (stopped 1/2 way through ICC), and now that I'm back... I want to make sure that I understand exactly how I should be building my gear from the start. Basically, should I just reforge 100% mastery (after getting hit-cap/ exp-softcap)?