Adeya wrote: .... I must try it again in the addon. It doesn't make any sense to be working correctly in the macro and on the /command line but not in CLCProt. There's no reason that I can think of for the number to be anything but the one that is being reported now.
Say, would the buff from Tajing the Cyclone have anything to do with this? It does increase the paladin's speed considerably!! ......
If I find out, then I'll let you know. :-)
UPDATE: Since I suspected the buff which Tajing the Cyclone at Shrine of the 7 Stars bestows, I took the portal to the Exodar. I've done that many times when testing the addon and investigating how things work in WoW combat. There are very few other players around, none to challenge me to a duel, or to bestow buffs on my paladin uninvited. Of course, Tajing's buff had nothing to do with it.
What was happening with Melee Haste: it would be at the expected value of 32.04% for a while, then increase for a few seconds to 35.xxx, then return to 32.04%, then suddenly shoot-up to 79.xx% and seemed to last forever when you're looking at scrolling ouput on the General Tab of the chat window at 10 lines per second. Sometimes it might even go higher before falling back to 79.xx%.
Eventually I discovered that this was caused by a proc from the Alacrity of Xuen (trinket), which has a 15% chance of adding 11,544 Haste for 20 sec. (115 sec. cooldown). Since I acquired it at least 6 months ago, I've seen it on the buff bar many times during combat -- quite rarely when fighting a target dummy -- although it is so infrequent that it is easy to overlook. But I don't recall seeing it on the buff bar while investigating why the API function GetMeleeHaste() was returning such a large percentage. Since nothing else was displaying anything there (other than the guild tabard and The Gaze of the Black Prince), it should have been obvious. What tipped me, though, was the paladin pointing a finger briefly overhead and a fishnet pattern of "electricity" appearing across his back, accompanied by an odd sound -- and the increase in the value of Melee Haste in that context. When I recognized the association of these events, I knew it had to be a proc ... probably a random trinket proc.
This is what comes of having a piece equipped for so long that you forget what affect it has on your game. So it appears that the API function GetMeleeHaste() does what it is supposed to do.
In the process, though, I discovered an anomaly pertaining to the Global Cooldown that I cannot understand, but I will post an OP on another topic if I decide to seek your aid and advice.