I honestly don't get why I've been having so many threat issues since 3.0.
My profile is here:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Kyoshkin
Since the Armory doesn't like updating anymore, let me say that I replaced the figurine w/ the Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35693 and my weapon is now Quickening Blade of the Prince
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34609. I put Potency (+20 STR) on the sword.
I pull about 1200-1400 TPS, which is OK, but not great. My main issue is that in instances like Kara, my threat suffers, sometimes dropping down to about 500tps. On a couple of recent Kara PuGs, a paladin who was much worse off gear-wise had a really easy time in stealing threat from me, and I'm not really sure why. I use the 9696969 rotation, and just don't get it.
I have a KD, a Sun Eater, and a Cugel of Consecration in the bank, so if it's the weapon, I can swap it. Once i got uncritable, I swapped the KD for the current sword b/c the threat charts I looked at all pointed to it being the better threat weapon.
Something else that seemed really strange to me was that I had a much harder time tanking H Blood Furnace than I did tanking Mount Hyjijal post-patch. For some reason, I could tank the trash in MH w/o incident, but the stupid 3 pulls (which became 6-pulls thanks to our wonderful bouncy shield of doom) would wipe the floor with me. The bosses weren't an issue, but the trash was.
Help!