Skip to content
Maintankadin

divine guardian

Pala
Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:57 pm
Last night in Heroic UP I had to bubble out of something in the Skadi Gauntlet. What an ugly fight for first-timers. Sad Anyway, the buff was still on me minutes later. I considered keeping it up because of the frost waves and then boss whirlwind damage. Does it actually continue to work? That would be awesome!
_________________
Palatinus - Earthen Ring
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Palatinus
oldboyz
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:41 am
interesting discution..

i understand some "reluctance" with this talent
-if you take DG... you may be better positionned by your RL as a good OT with a great "oshit" tool which will help MT&raid
-at least, if you don't have DG... no interrrogation : you can pretend to be as well MT or OT


i may be biased because i'm our guild HL-Officer old raider, i don't have to fight for a seat. so i have DG
not because my main role is to be OT (and only MT when i'm the only one available), but just because it is a very nice tool, and even as MT, it might have some fight i will shine even more Very Happy

i've yet to evaluate the counter part of not having DG in my template.

i think also we have to wait those specific fights&phase where DG can even be used when MT


PS
yes, we have a specific role as a tank, but we are also part of a raid.
we have a dedicaced objective as a tank, but we also have a general objective as part of this same raid.
Frickit
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am
I took the two points out of DG cuz I used it over and over during raid damage and I never took the damage I was expecting to receive. I thought the thing was broken...whats up with that? Is it working now, or has it always worked and Im just missing something.
_________________
Chunes
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am
the talent makes your bubble essentially give a raidwide damage reduction, which your bubble then absorbs. You are not supposed to take damage from this, your bubble absorbs it all.

Personally, i love this talent. Our tank corps actively rotates the MT around depending on the fight and for something like maexxna, throwing BoSac on the tank, having him shieldwall, and me bubbling pretty much makes him take no damage.

I also like it for malygos P2 in case there is a large gap to be covered between bubbles, i'll pop my bubble just to keep the squishies from being gibbed by unlucky Scion focus fire.
_________________