Skip to content
Maintankadin

Level 70 Threat Cycles in 3.0

Majiben
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:53 am
Don't use SoR, it's subpar threat and lacks a decent glyph and we tanks are already limited in our glyph options (besides 10 expertise skill is a fairly powerful glyph).
_________________
Majiben
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:08 am
The reason for resealing Seal of vengence is simply because you have a free moment and may need to refresh it or literally have nothing else to use (AS may be on CD). Also I'm not sure this thead is his most up to date work.
_________________
dornstar
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:13 am
Still learning the pally ways after having a long career as a shadow priest, but why not go with...

9. Holy Shield
6. Hammer of the Righteous
9. Consecration
6. Shield of the Righteousness - Rank 2
9. Judge
6. Shield of the Righteousness - Rank 1

Wouldn't that give you a clean 9-6-9 sequence and also allow for a simple macro?


/castsequence reset=target Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Consecration, Shield of Righteousness(Rank 2), Judgement of Light, Shield of Righteousness(Rank 1)
fiorina
Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:48 pm
Couple of questions:

- Is this a max TPS rotation? If not, can we determine one?
- Is this a max DPS rotation? If not, can we determine one?
- Is this a max mitigation rotation? If not, can we get one?

As little child would ask "whats the fun of 6969"?

One thing I don't like on 6969 is low snap threat. When boss appears, I want to have ShotR and HotR on him ASAP and I pray for crit so DPS can start early.

Another case is for example when Malygos 25 lands during phase1, he hits me for 15k melee and 16k breath. If I would start with HotR and my judgement will miss I assume some healer could get aggro from his 15k effective heal.

Related issue:
Since ferals can dish out sick DPS even with tanking spec while not tanking, I'd like to know your experience and numbers. Can we say, prot pala in Naxx gear will do 2k DPS while not tanking using rotation XYZ?
_________________
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skullcrusher&n=Fiorina
This is just an alt, hush :)
Mialina
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:28 am
I have a dumb question Smile

I believe haste rating reduces the global cooldown as well as cast times. So what happens when my global cooldown becomes 1.25 or 1 sec?
I got about 20% haste with totems and some other buffs during raids I think, at 1 sec global cooldown (33% haste) I would need to have a totally different rotation. Even with current haste score the rotation doesnt seem to max my tps.

I'm not suggesting we stack haste rating btw, just asking smt I'm curious about Smile
_________________
Majiben
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:34 am
Not all our CDs get lowered by haste and you would need a stupidly high amount to get some of ours low enough. I'm talking every single haste item in game currently.
_________________