ramboschox wrote:Does that sound at least a bit reasonable?
More reasonable, anyway. I haven't seen that strategy. On 25H, we stack once for oil and then move and stack again in a different location. We make heavy use of location-based raid cooldowns though, so stacking and piling LH, Barriers, Spirit Totems, etc. is how we survive that phase while continuing to DPS.
That said, on 25H tank damage is pretty severe. We were certainly in danger of dying, because each melee was ~half our health or more:
Expression Editor Link- Code: Select all
[21:33:33.682] Iron Juggernaut hits Theck 370817 (B: 158922)
[21:33:50.576] Iron Juggernaut Flame Vents Theck 558551
[21:34:00.315] Iron Juggernaut Flame Vents Theck 483328
[21:34:22.040] Iron Juggernaut hits Agwyne 404594
[21:34:23.619] Iron Juggernaut hits Agwyne 204291 (O: 209315)
[21:34:30.463] Iron Juggernaut Flame Vents Agwyne 336130
As you can see, even on our kill, we lost a tank (Agwyne) wearing the cloak (so effectively 2 potential deaths w/o cloak). That's why I'm loath to give up SoI during that phase - I'd rather have a full-strength heal to potentially save me than a 30% strength heal that might heal me instead of a DPS.
We also didn't lose many people in the transition once we got our cooldown rotation sorted out. The first two wipes were definitely "couldn't handle aoe phase damage" wipes, but that was due to shoddy cooldown preparation. Once we sorted that out, the transitions were pretty smooth. I'm also not in melee for a good chunk of the transition, since the tanks soak mines, so glyphed BH would be entirely useless for half of the phase. OTOH, I can toss a LH on the raid group while on the run during that phase (and on the melee group during phase 1 - nice since LH is superior healing *and* DPS on the boss than Holy Prism is).
ramboschox wrote:P.S:
And were you just a little sceptical or did you not understand it at all or did your opinion change in the very moment you wrote that lines? (just trolling, but you started with eristic rhetoric^^)
Different things. Skeptical of the logic, because it was inconsistent. LH is generally better for raid healing than HPr is, since both need the players to be clumped in one spot (ground-based for LH, near boss for HPr) and LH is sustained healing over 14s rather than one-shot every 20s. So the logic of "take GoBH for raid healing" seemed strange when simultaneously passing up an even better raid healing option in LH.
Didn't understand the choice of HPr over LH at all because I can't see a situation where HPr is better for that encounter, even after your explanation of how you do the fight.
Schroom wrote:first on juggernaut (I suppose Hm) you need to DPS in Phase 2 to avoid the enrage? wow that is tough. we never DPSed in that phase, jsut stood in the back and waited it out. healing was no problem at all with healing rain, druid shroom, DK AMZ, and 2 Paladins with devo aura. (also you can bubble in P2 to avoid the knockback FYI and take the mines while the rest of the raid is knocked back without getting damage \o/ )
so that is why WE decided that LH would be pretty wasted on a protpally here (nothing to tank in p2, no smiteheal form Battlehealer (IF I would consider it), no vengeance, sad pally

)
on P1 everybody is greatly spread out what makes Holy prism first choice here, pretty obvious IMHO. (best possible burst heal support for the raid. nice selfheal after taking a mine)
tanks should be safe as you say, as Hand of Purity is OP in this fight (chaining it even more.)
See, I had a totally different experience. We DPSed phase 2 for sure on 25H, though we didn't come very close to enrage on the kill either. Not sure if we would have w/o that phase's DPS or not.
OTOH, LH was still superior to HPr here. HPr is a single-target heal on range, because they're too far away from the boss to receive the smart heal effect if you use it to damage the boss. I never single-target heal anyone in 25-man, so it would be a waste. On the other hand, LH is better boss DPS
and better raid healing when dropped on the melee group, and it was virtually required for phase 2 (almost every holy/prot paladin in our raid just takes LH baseline, because we all save/use them for "group up and raid heal" situations).
And in our case, tanks weren't safe at all, so we stuck with Unbreakable Spirit for extra DP coverage. The T16 2-piece HoT isn't too bad in these circumstances either, where an extra HoT tick or two can make a big difference. I didn't even think about Hand of Purity - I guess that would be for the fire DoT? I found having DP every time was really useful, not sure I'd want to give that up for a situational help in HoP.
Then again, it only took us 5 attempts total from first pull to kill, so we didn't really think about it too hard regardless. We just focused on the obvious weak points (raw tank spike damage from melee+flame, raw raid healing throughput during p2) and the boss sort of fell over.