Skip to content
Maintankadin

Taunt Weirdness?

sapientialb
Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:12 am

Taunt Weirdness?

I had my first experience in the new guild tanking trash waves in Hyjal last night with another prot pally and prot warrior.

I think I did an ok job, after I started running up with the other pally and grabbing my abomination. But when I was asked to taunt things off of the other pally when we brought them back to the AOE area nothing happened when I hit my RD macro. They just stayed on the other pally.

So of course this is a brand new guild on a new server for me and I can't help but feel like i messed something up. Nobody died or anything but I just felt like I could of been doing something different.
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
moduspwnens
Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:19 am
A pally friend of mine and I noticed the same phenomenon. In Hyjal, sometimes our taunts just wouldn't work on each other.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Snake-Aes
Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:32 am
did the mob went to attack someone else? And how would you see if you were already being attacked by a half dozen other mobs? o.O
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Snake-Aes
Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 am
Neutral Weird indeed.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Tzuma
Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:32 am
Assuming you have the NPCs involved, they could be taunting over you, so you end up with zero mobs on you.

To see if taunt is actually 'working', target a mob on the person you want to taunt off of. Youre guaranteed youre targetted mob + 2 random. If he doesnt at least look at you, then you have a 'weird' problem.
Fridmarr
Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:47 pm
Me and one of our other Pally tanks probably have about an 80% failure of rate of taunts on the bear boss in ZA. We haven't been able to figure it out yet, it just does nothing except goes on CD. No resist messages or any other record in the combat log that it was ever cast. I'd say overall, I have this happen about 30% of the time. It's incredibly frustrating, fortunately we out gear the bear boss a bit and so it hasn't affected our timed runs, but it's a problem nonetheless.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Dendrah
Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:20 pm
If you're sure you are second on threat you can always do a BoP taunt. Largely more risky thou.
Worldie
Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:28 am
If mob A B C D are on someone, and you target mob A and taunt, you CAN get mobs B C and D on you without A being affected.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club