Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is 102.4% necessary for raiding?

Angella
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 am

Is 102.4% necessary for raiding?

Just a thought. Do paladins need to get 102.4% pre-raid buffs? Or could paladins go for less and push stamina/avoidance instead?
_________________
Arthran
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:34 am
without wanting to sound like a tool, grats on not reading stickies
_________________

Ulushnar
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:37 am
It depends on the boss. A Crush from Leotheras The Blind is going to mean less than a crush from Supremus or Teron Gorefiend.

In general, it's always worth having 102.4% for bosses. Your first priority as a tank is to reduce your incoming damage to a level where your healers can keep you alive. Removing random bursts like crits or crushes is the first step for this.

I find it's a good gearing target to have since it encourages me to keep a decent level of avoidance rather than blindly stack EH. And ultimately, an extra 500 health won't help much when that 5k hit becomes a 7.5k one.

Are you interested in being a good tank, or would you rather waggle your massive health bar in people's faces?
_________________
I don't wish to come across as surly or mean-spirited, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
Armory : Gear Advice
Levantine
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:53 am
Okay, I lol'd at what Snakey said, but then I also lol'd at what Ulush said. Does that make me a bad person?
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
Levantine
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:04 am
I spose I should be helpful.

If you have Kings, then it's okay to include that buff in the equations, but that should be the only one you do. You can't rely on there being XX class in the raid to give you a buff.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
Barathorn
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 am
490 defense and 102.4% I must confess I have never seen as optional values. If you wish to be considered a viable main tank I do feel quite strongly that these are must have values.

You can have lots of stamina but if you don't have the avoidance to back it up your well and truly catflap. Balance is the key, I know its difficult to get groups as PuGs without 14k health but long term uncrushability is far more important.

You will find, that once you get 102.4%, you seem to immediately go upto about 107% and can start dropping block rating straight away and you will wonder what all the fuss about getting to 102.4% was about.

If you want to be seriously considered as a main tank, do the work and then reap the rewards.

Barathorn
_________________


'Don't mind Guillex, he thinks he's Dorvan' - Lore at his best March 2008.

http://armorylite.com/eu/Aerie+Peak/Barathorn
Snake-Aes
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:18 am
I STILL rejigg my gear LOL
stupid frankenstein gear putting me at 0,3% crushable without kings <rant>
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';