Skip to content
Maintankadin

Kara+badge gear TPS

jere
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:19 am
ummm....on Big Bad Wolf, you will have a low TPS regardless...You spend a lot of time running around chasing him while he chases RRH in addition to the fears/stuns.

You should probably be able to pull 700-800+ on a tank and spank boss (just off the top of my head, don't hold me to it), but almost none of the bosses save Illhoof and Prince will provided you with good results as you either have to quit tanking for a bit, or there is some other mechanic that distorts your threat (like evocation on curator). Attuneman might be another to look at, though he stuns and has that hit% debuff, so it is kinda wonky too.
_________________
Vixxy
Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:07 am
That sounds about right. I just started playing my paladin again to try and pick up more badges and gear (my other characters are all on another server, so it's a bit harder to find groups + low pop server), so I'm about the same level of gear as you I would imagine, though I didn't check. My SD is about the same for sure.

On an average boss fight I can pull anywhere from the 700 and 800's TPS to just over 1k TPS with a high threat rotation on burst fights in heroics.

And....as far as I know or am concerned at the moment, that's right where I should be. With undergeared DPS I could probably pull out my fishing pole and still keep aggro, while the rest of my guild who is equally geared makes me work for aggro, but I manage it easy enough as long as I'm actually paying attention...and DPS that overgears me throttles my TPS right where I feel they should.

EDIT: And on Big Bad Wolf... if your DPS are going all out like they should be (with a few exceptions like on the first Red Riding), you should definately be working for threat that fight. It's not so bad however, if you can keep your mana up for a minute or two you can AS every time he starts chasing someone.
Spectrum
Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 am
Hrm, I have about 300SD and I think I can manage 400-600 TPS. This is just going by omen number though. Perhaps I should do a WWS parse next time I tank.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

"The skill-gear curve is steep for small values of skill."

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum