Skip to content
Maintankadin

Single Target DPS for a Leveling Tankadin

protoclown
Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:57 am

Single Target DPS for a Leveling Tankadin

Coming back from a long WoW break, starting to work on my 65 prot pally (now that I finally got my charger! Very Happy Running around OL on the warhorse to quest was getting a bit tedious Sad).

I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for dealing with non-melee mobs (casters in particular) to help make short/shorter work of them, particularly through the leveling process. I'm pretty comfortable with 3-4 melee mobs at once my level or +1 or so. With casters/ranged mobs, though, SoV/JoV seems to be the most effective approach, perhaps swapping out some spell damage gear for the tanking gear, without having to really go all out with an alternative suit/weapon. I'm wondering if I might do better to get a good 2H weapon and a melee dps suit to swap to when I'm taking on a non-melee mob (best alternative I can think of, even if I'm not sure it'll actually BE effective without sacrificing prot talents for ret).

It's not so much that, e.g., casters take all that long to take down; but they're prone to doing a good deal of damage on me before the fight's over, increasing my down time significantly.

Thanks in advance!
rodos
Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:42 pm
I did my final push to 70 in a hybrid holy/prot spec. I think I took Holy down to Holy Shock, and Prot down to Reckoning. SoR + Reckoning with a 2H is almost an instagib for most non-elite casters you'll be facing (if it procs). Also a DF + Holy Light combo is an extremely cheap way to keep your health up while questing or grinding.

I wasn't really taking a lot of instances with this spec - mostly questing and doing the odd 5-man run for guildies. I was unaware of the power of AoE grinding at that point...
_________________