I've got a level 60 pally (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thrall&n=Popomatic) who I've just started in outland at this level as opposed to 58. This was an alt, but I've been enjoying him so much I think this will be my main. I tanked blood furnace for my first time ever in the instance. It went ok at best. My only other tanking experience was ZF which was easy.
I think I just need more experience, but I had a hard time keeping track of everything, and I'm sure it would help if I knew the instance. I had an enhancement shammie, a hunter pet, and a felguard up with me in melee. The shammie would pull aggro from me quite often and a couple times the healer. Slavation was on all the dps. When things went well it all seemed fairly straight forward, but when I lost aggro or something else goofy, I panicked and felt like I couldnt recover. I also had a hard time trying to keep track of everything.
I decided I definitely need the RD macro, because I was having a hard time clicking on the person who pulled aggro from me. I was also so focused on what I was doing (read: stressed) that I couldn't tell what was my fault and what was someone else's.
Also, right before you get to the last boss there are those felguards with a summoner. The seemed to randomly charge someone else in the party and I couldn't reliably get them back under control. What do you do in that situation??
Long story (sorry) short, my question is: does it get better with experience? I think I made the run a lot harder than it had to be for the others. Will better gear make it that much easier? And finally are there any instances that are better for learning than others?
PopOmatic
Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:44 am




