Skip to content
Maintankadin

Finally moving on to heroics... need some advice

Gront
Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Finally moving on to heroics... need some advice

After a short tenure as ret, got some decent soloing gear and picked up some more prot gear, I'm finally somewhat confident enough to try heroics. So now I need to reconsider my gearing direction, I'm terribly slow at the process.

If I'm not wrong I have to start stacking stamina, I was thinking of going for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33522 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34946. The latter first. Any tips I should hold in mind for heroics ?

What I'm really worried about is my avoidance, is it decent enough ?

My armory displays my HP as 12837 kings buffed. I trust that is sufficient ?

Frankly, I can't wait to get rid of andormu's tear. Was thinking of going for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28407#comments. Should I hold back from heroics till I get rid of that thing ? I need something with decent dodge rate to get rid of it.

I also don't like the wasted budgeting on my bracers and shoulders. The shoulders I'm aware that the upgrade I seek lies in Botanica. I'm however unsure of where to get an upgrade for my bracers.

For the replacements to the two gear slots mentioned above, I was thinking of running them on normal mode. I'm not sure if I'm geared enough to run H botanica or H Arcatraz yet. Should I just forget about them and strike ahead instead ?

I'm going to try Heroic Mechanar tonight, is that a good choice for someone new to tanking heroics ? It also drops some wicked legs for my ret set.

My armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&n=Gront

Edit: On a sidenote, really pumped for WOTLK, levelling as prot should be very fun now. I like the new shield slam we got. I'm the type of bonehead who needs to be ungodly tough to feel secure, but only if my single target offence is adequate to ensure I don't drown my sanity halfway through. Razz
Tradyk
Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:50 pm
First of all, you should try starting out on H UB, it's mobs hit harder then H Ramps or H SP, but it is alot simpler in terms of adds and pulling, so its a good one to start on.

With your hp, you're border line. Very borderline. It comes down to the make up of the rest of your group whether or not you can do a heroic. If there's a priest or a warlock that can stam buff you, or if there's a warrior that can keep commanding shout up, you'll be fine for the lower Heroics. You'll also be wanting to take a full set of consumables at that amount of hp. In a group without a stamina buff, you'll be tight, very tight, and it'll come down to what sort of healer you have. Pally healer or shammy healers - unlikely to work, priest, more so, and druid would be your best bet.

With Andormu's - if you've got a ring that can replace the defense and gives stamina, while maintaining about 45%+ total avoidance, just use it. One of the effective HP badge rings works fine.
Gront
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:32 pm
Okay. I'll grab the cheaper of the badge rings then.

What amount of health should I be rocking with ?
Ciandin
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:03 am
Don't waste badges on the cheap badge ring.

I can't see your armory from work, but get the libram first, followed by the 2.3 chest or 2.4 pants, then get the new badge ring or 2.3 boots.

If you need some stam, grab the wind traders band from the quest in netherstorm.

As far as bracers go...Green Fortress all the way
_________________
Thing is if you're using daggers in both hands and Sinister Strike isn't recommended then how would you build combo points?
Ciandin
Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:01 am
Or just buy a delicate eternium ring from the AH; I wouldn't waste one of your item restores on a green ring you'll replace in a few weeks.
_________________
Thing is if you're using daggers in both hands and Sinister Strike isn't recommended then how would you build combo points?