Skip to content
Maintankadin

New to site and tanking!

idontdie
Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:36 pm

New to site and tanking!

Hello everyone! Very Happy I stumbled onto this site while looking at requirements for tankadins in Kara. I've been Ret my whole life so making the switch to a tankadin really isn't going too well lol. I've read all the guides on the site and many others on other sites. I was just wondering if I was stacking my stats right and if my gear is ok (granted it's still in the works). My name is Idontdie and server is Andorhal if anyone would please look me up in armory. Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks.
Kathane
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 pm
You'll be best served taking your gear questions to the gear section of the forums, located here:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewforum.php?f=3

That being said, I'll point out the obvious, your rings. The only thing good on them is stamina, none of the other stats are useful for pally tanking.

Re: Spec - 1 handed weapon spec = ~8-9% additional threat, you want it. You do not need stun resist, guardians favor or 5/5 reckoning (3/5 should be sufficient). Precision makes sure your taunts and flying shields hit more, you'll want some.
_________________
idontdie
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:34 pm
So my spec should look something like this?
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0zhgqtVcx

And about the holy and ret pvp gear. All I've ever done is pvp as ret so that's the only gear I have besides a little welfare holy gear. I just took the old ret gear and holy gear and socketed defense gems in them to fill in the gaps. As for the rings I haven't received a replacement yet so there are still holes in my gear that need filled.
Gustov
Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:56 pm
in my opinion i would not just put defense gems in your ret gear. i would actually stay ret and talk to your guild about helping you get tank gear.

as far as spec. why would you opt out of a free 6% bonus to stamina?
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIx0zGgqtVsx
_________________
Egin
Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:39 am
Welcome to one of the best sites on the net!
_________________
idontdie
Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:48 pm
Thank you all for all the help. It hasn't been so easy on me. Well I'm glad to report that I ran Kara for the first time as a MT/OT (did both) and things went rather well. I'm in desperate need of Stamina. Another prot pally told me to use Seal of wisdom, judge, cast seal of right. Anyone else confirm? I also picked up a few new epics so my gear is on it's way! I just need to know if my stats are good enough to do heroic MGT so I can get my mace. All in all however I think the gearing process is going well. I'm still not so sure about this spec. Can someone agree on something for me? lol Given my gear what would be the best spec?