Skip to content
Maintankadin

Optimizing Threat in Boss Fights

Balanor
Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:36 am

Optimizing Threat in Boss Fights

Threat is everything when it comes to a paladin. A while back I asked what kind of threat a paladin of my gear level (kara/badge) should be generating in boss fights. At the time, a couple parses of our Kara runs was showing me generating anywhere from 450-550 TPS.

I thought I had the optimal threat rotation but I lacked a fundamental threat optimizer: judging Seal of the Crusader and working that into my threat rotation. SoC increases holy damage (our main threat generating capability) by 219 and over the course of 2 mainly tank and spank boss fights (Prince and Nightbane) I noticed a significant increase in threat using this.

On Prince and Nightbane, my TPS jumped from around 500 to around 700 working Seal of the Crusader into the mix as well as a Flask of Blinding Light. Don't overlook Seal of the Crusader in your threat rotations. For trash pulls, its probably not worth its weight but for boss fights, its invaluable.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Balanor
Tradyk
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:06 am
I just let my pet Ret Pally judge it, so I get ma sexah JoW.
Levantine
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:54 am
Increasing your Holy damage ups your TPS?!?!?!?

OMG!


_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf