Skip to content
Maintankadin

Contemplating spec change due to seals and judgements....

Isetnefret
Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Contemplating spec change due to seals and judgements....

Here is my current spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVA0uMteIRGoxR

I'm thinking of switching to:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVAbuMteIRhots0ob

I don't feel like I'm getting 5 points worth of usefulness out of Seals of the Pure, nor am I getting 2 points of usefulness out of Judgements of the Just.

Does JoJ work on raid mobs? I doubt it works on raid bosses, but does it even hit trash?

Here's a fight parse where I was just DPS/add tank:
http://www.gavoryn.com/stats/sws-sartharion-1230685137/actor_0x0000000001a833a0.html

I only had a 30% uptime on Corruption because I was running low on mana....even with Sanctuary....just not enough stuff hitting me.
_________________
Flex
Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:23 pm
I always wonder why people question JotJ working on raid bosses.

It works on raid bosses. Any tank spec that doesn't have it isn't a self-supporting boss tank spec.
Isetnefret
Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:28 pm
Any paladin tank spec you mean, because other tank classes seem to do just fine without it.
_________________
Flex
Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:35 pm
I think it is safe to say incoming tank DPS is balanced around a 20% melee slow on bosses.

Isetnefret
Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 pm
So.....Seals of the Pure?

Does it make sense to trade those 5 points for 2 in divine guardian and some extra in heart of the crusader and conviction?


Also, we ALWAYS run with 2 tanks for raids, which is one reason why I'm considering divine guardian whereas before I skipped it.
_________________
Thels
Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:57 am
3rd point in HotC is certainly worth it, if you're the only player prodiving the debuff. Note that it doesn't stack with similar debuffs like Master Poisoner from the Rogue, so if there's someone else with this debuff, it ain't worth it.

If you're OT'ing more than your MTing, then Divine Guardian can certainly be worth it. It's like half a shield wall on the entire raid. Can't use it while you're tanking mobs, though.

PoJ is debateable, but some people like it, me included. I preferred 2/2 Judgement over 1/5 Benediction to get there, but that's a personal choice.

I wouldn't put that point on Conviction. Either keep it in SotP or move it somewhere else like Divine Guardian. If you want to keep it in Retribution, you could go for 2/2 Imp Might over 1/5 Benediction and 1/5 Conviction.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Scottzirra
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:40 pm
I currently Main Tank with http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0tVAbuMteIRhots0xb and have had no issues with my current gear. It might be important to note that I did not make the switch from 5/60/6 until I had all the gear I currently wear.

This question had been asked several times in the talent spec section of the forums, but here is the skinny on it:

Seals of the Pure is not terrible and it is not great. I think that either going deeper ret, or using the 5 holy is a matter of personal preference.

JoJ definitely works on boss mobs, and I still choose not to take it. i very rarely will be in a raid without an offtank, and all of those offtanks have the a similar ability that does not stack. More often then not, my current 2 tank is a DK, and he puts frost fever up on bosses that i need it.

This is not to say that there are not rare occasions where it would be handy to apply a debuff such as this myself, but would not make the difference between a wipe, and getting a boss down. Since that is the case, I like being able to run faster and crit more often. 27% crit raid buffed + the debuff from HotC is nothing to sneeze at. Especially if you abuse Shield of Righteousness Rank1 like I do =P. I am not sure I want the 1 point I have in benediction vs the extra point in imp judge, which would allow greater uptime on libram of obstruction, though a less than optimal rotation.