Skip to content
Maintankadin

Judgements: Bugging, Overlapping, Which per spec?

theothersteve7
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Judgements: Bugging, Overlapping, Which per spec?

Well, this seems like a basic question, but I don't actually know the answer.

What should I be judging?

I judge Wisdom as a sort of default, both soloing and in instances. I see that Command is better for PVP, and when I'm with another pally, I try to judge Light if he goes Wisdom.

But wait! There's more!

1. How does Heart of the Crusader work when one paladin has it and another refreshes?

2. How about Judgments of the Just?

3. Do any judgments depend on spellpower?

4. Do any judgments generate additional threat?

5. What's the deal with judgments missing/glitching? Did Blizz take care of that?

6. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks very much in advance!
_________________
theothersteve7
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:54 am
Yeah, I read the sticky, but it's vague on a couple points and I wanted it all laid out for me so I'm not giving people false information.

Once 3.0.8 comes out, I'm curious if we'd go to Wisdom. Given tanks' lackluster AP and SP anyway.

Is the highest AP+SP usually the Ret or the Holy? That'll matter more once 3.1 hits, in particular. I'd think Ret on an unsupported guess.
_________________
Worldie
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:57 am
Highest AP/SP combination is on retri.

The ideal combination is
Retri -> Judgement of Light
Protection -> Judgement of Wisdom
Holy -> Judgement of Justice (or Light if no retri in raid)

That's what we use at least
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Wolvar
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:59 am
Don't you lose replenishment if you have the RET pally judging light??
Wolvar
Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 am
Sweet. I'm gonna go yell at my RET pally.
Mneme
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:10 pm
It doesn't seem to be possible to refresh another paladin's Heart of the Crusader, even if you both have the same rank. You can refresh your own, but you have to wait for someone else's to fall off before you can put up your own.
_________________
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.
Spectrum
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:15 pm
I was pretty sure we had two Heart of the Crusader up once. Honestly I haven't worried about it much yet.

JoL procs scale with the SP/AP of the pally that put it up. JoW procs don't. Thus the highest SP/AP person should put it up. Usually I just do JoL for the threat, and the ret does JoW. We might swap since threat isn't an issue and they might make for bigger heals.
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
camlost
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:59 pm
A Holy Pally today asked me not to judge Light. I told him I got more threat from it but he said it would heal more because of his spellpower.

But xstrykr stated that the judgment effect isn't based off spellpower - so his JoL isn't going to heal for more than mine then? But then he also said after the bug is fixed, the person with the highest AP+SP should judge it.

Wouldn't that be irrelevant if the effect isn't based on that? I think I'm just missing something and would be happy if someone pointed that out.

I felt like this Holy pally thought I was a noob for judging light.
_________________
Majiben
Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 pm
I don't know about you but I reach 1600 SP as ret when raid buffed in a 25 man.
_________________
Wolvar
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:19 pm
Why judge justice?