Skip to content
Maintankadin

Professions

jcamper1337
Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 am

Professions

Cans someone give me a hand with some questions. Im currently running JC and ENG right now. I was woundering if its worth droping eng for mining or essentially droping eng for BS in which i can gain more sockets for more avoidance and or More Stam or even enchanting. What do yall think
_________________
Lavnihs
Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:17 pm
If you don't really really like engineering, there is no reason to keep it. Engineering is cool for the little perks here and there but overall it's really not going to make you a better tank. The only thing you have going for you is the goggles, and post 3.0.8 the BoE BS helm is better. I'm not trying to bash engineering by any stretch. If you enjoy the little gimmicks here and there it gives you great, if not ditch it.

There are tons of threads on professions that have pretty much every pro and con discussed.

Best combo IMO is BS/JC. The amount of flexibility it gives you is unparalleled. You will hit/maintain your defense minimum (535/540) easier with the 2 extra BS sockets, coupled with the additional 11 defense per gem from the JC BoP cuts if you chose to use them. The +41 stam gems are nice as well.

For all intents and purposes, BS/Ench/Mining/LW after 3.0.8 will give you the same stam bonus. If the 2 stam difference between 48 and 50 stam is going to make or break you, you were broken already. Pick whichever you prefer from a strictly stamina perspective. Granted someone will chime in and say "if you survive a Patchwerk HS with 1-19HP then the extra stam is worth it," I would argue that the next one will kill you anyways; theorycraft is great but realitycraft usually wins.

Mining or BS will give you the same stam bonus. BS gives you the option to add any stat of your choosing other than stamina, where mining does not. BS is more friendly to offspecs as well, as 50 stam isn't really that big of a bonus should you find yourself holy or ret at a later time.
_________________
Lavnihs -BE Prot Pally, <Deceit> Anetheron

1/1 Hogger (pre-nerf)
jcamper1337
Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:56 pm
thanks. and i always laugh when people talk about pallys taking HS from Patchwerk. I MT him have never had to take a HS all I do is announce who is
_________________
Sarutankah
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:41 pm
Total BS lol.


Hateful strike hits whoever has the highest hp, in melee range.

If it was threat based, a tank wouldn't eat hateful until all melee were dead and we all know that tanks drop before melee on Patch.

I'm rolling JC/Mining - already have an enchanter.
_________________
Majiben
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:48 pm
What's wrong with your tanks that they don't beat the dps for threat on that fight?
_________________
Wolvar
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:08 pm
K tell your OT not to hit the boss at all and watch him not take a single hateful strike until everyone else is dead.
_________________
Levantine
Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm
That might explain how Ilara managed to steal threat off me in the first few seconds when we killed him. Missed Icy Touch + Hateful threat = qqmagoo
_________________
Levantine: 10/15 Nax (10), Sarth+0 (10), 4/15 Nax (25), Sarth+0 (25)
Anzen: 1/1 Hogger (40)
Ilara
Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:22 pm
that and I spammed every single button I had.

remembering back to gruul days "I bet you can't beat me (the warrior) on threat, you'll be stuck as OT!"

So I did.

>.> sorry lev.



Oh and I have engineering/mining. I'm ditching engineering as soon as 3.0.8 (titansteel helm yay) comes out to get enchanting in its place. I see no reason to have engineering anymore. I wager bliz will make me eat these words down the track, but oh well.
_________________
Ilara Alliance / Caelestrasz

Dear Asshat,
I got the message, it was not appreciated.
Rest well knowing you have not made a friend this day.

~Ilara