Skip to content
Maintankadin

Block capped, how to get there?

polpak
Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:11 am

Block capped, how to get there?

Toon is here for reference:

WOW Armory.

Ok, so I just got geared for heroics, and I'm looking at my upgrade path/options. I'm looking to get block capped next, and wondering if I should go for +defense rating, or for specific +dodge +parry type stuff ? I've heard that diminishing returns kicks in at some point, so I'm not sure if I'll be ok just stacking defense or if I should break it up (dodge, parry).

Thanks for the advice!
Arcand
Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:33 am
Defense will do more than any other stat except block rating to get you to the cap.

Also, I had a stroke and then soiled myself when I saw your trinkets. Please run Halls of Lightning 1-3 times every night until you get a Seal of the Pantheon, and also hit heroic Violet Hold until you get Lavanthor's Talisman.

That will replace your two weakest items with ones which will contribute very strongly to getting you block-capped.

Still have spare time? Do Utgarde Pinnacle; the taxidermy-museum encounter drops a set of tank shoulders. They're not hugely better than what you have, but they have a socket IIRC and they have block rating.

In Naxx-10, you're hoping for Legplates of Inescapable Death. They drop off Loatheb.

Good luck!
_________________
"Almost silent, but watchful and helpful."
Riekko
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 pm
sapp Head Platehelm of the Great Wyrm (Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector
maly Neck Nexus War Champion Beads
badge Shoul Valorous Dreadnaught Pauldrons (Master's Inscription of the Pinnacle
naxx Cape Shadow of the Ghoul (Enchant Cloak - Mighty Agility
glu/4hm Chest Valorous Dreadnaught Breastplate (Enchant Chest - Greater Defense
x Wrist Bindings of the Hapless Prey (Enchant Bracer - Major Defense

noth Hands Gauntlets of the Disobedient (Vindicator's Armor Kit
patcw Waist Fleshless Girdle
loatheb Legs Greaves of Turbulence (Frosthide Leg Armor
x Feet Inexorable Sabatons (Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude

sarth Ring Signet of the Accord
bagde Ring Signet of the Impregnable Fortress

thaddi Trinket Repelling Charge
h-VH Trinket Lavanthor's Talisman


kel Weap Last Laugh (Axe) (Enchant Weapon - Exceptional Agility
kel Shield Wall of Terror (Enchant Shield - Shield Block
x Ranged Armor Plated Combat Shotgun

--------------------
with this gear you will be block capped in raids as a warrior didnt list gems, but i think i used parry/stamina and def/stamina as red and yellow slots
Threatco
Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:08 pm
Don't even worry about block cap until you have 27k+ HP.
_________________


At 540 Defense, when the tooltip says you have 5.6% chance to be missed, you really have a 4.11%.