Skip to content
Maintankadin

Judge HotR HS SoTR Conc Or Opposite

towelliee
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:09 am

Judge HotR HS SoTR Conc Or Opposite

I have been testing DPS on a dummy for past few days. Obviously since we can not faceroll for 2 minutes and go AFK to play some PS3.

Does anyone else get more damage from Judging first then using SotR for the BV Libram? Or do people still go with HS first then SotR? Of course I am speaking of single target boss tanking.
_________________
theothersteve7
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:28 am
I'd think it depends on the number of mobs. If it's one, Shield; for groups, Hammer. However, I put up Holy Shield before Judging.
_________________
Candiru
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:03 am
won't they both be the same over a whole cycle?
Isetnefret
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:32 am
I use HS then Judge before HotR and ShoR

Just because I want my 30% block and 20% debuff on the mob ASAP.
_________________
Scottzirra
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 am
What the Op is asking, is if you are using judgement specifically to prep for the extra BV on ShoR. I am. On boss fights, I will normally judge, ShoR, HS, hammer, conc. Holy shield slam is far to incredible threat to NOT use that libram as such. As far as putting holy shield up 1st in the rotation, why?? so you dont take 2 unmitigated hits before you get into the rotation?
Invisusira
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:21 pm
It's all the same in the end, but:

High frontload-threat situations:

Judge
Shield Slam
Consc
Hammer
Holy Shield

Normal situations:
Holy Shield
Shield Slam
Judge
Hammer
Consc
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
Archimeades
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 pm
Is pulling with Judgement vs Avenger's Shield standard? I've been HS-->AS-->HotR-->Judge-->SotR etc.
_________________
Wtb mentor Eldre'Thalas
Arcand
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 pm
I doubt you were doing it wrong, the actual pulling is simple enough. It's mainly a matter of doing the instances over and over (ideally on normal as you're leveling, imho) so that you know which groups you can charge, which ones you can pull, which ones you can LOS and how they all interact with the nearby patrols.

It's still not too late to do that if there's an instance that keeps screwing you with bad pulls. Get some low-level guildies, or just pick up a low level group out of LFM; they'll be tickled to have a high-level tank. Tell them you're not going to zerg the instance super hard because you're refining your pull technique.

After that, it's just a matter of remembering where things go wrong and trying something different next time. Smile
_________________
"Almost silent, but watchful and helpful."