Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pulling

theothersteve7
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:45 am

Pulling

Okay, I've had something of a sticky issue recently regarding how to start up 969. I was wondering what the proper spell order was when starting a pull? I usually do AS/HS/ShoR but I was wondering if there were a way that took advantage of judgment range or something. I used to do AS/HS/Judge and that messed me up pretty bad until I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Also, pulling with Holy Wrath. Good idea or bad idea? I only did it because AS was on cooldown; I also waited a second for everything to get in range. My friend thought I was body pulling and he (good-naturedly and rather hilariously) reprimanded me. I can see that being a bad idea if I have HOTs on.
_________________
Serelynn
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 am
For trash? It doesn't really matter, you'll need to do what you can to hold threat. I usually start with Avenger's Shield or Exorcism, then I run up a bit and drop Consecration, use Holy Shield, then Holy Wrath. After that I use HotR and try and use SHoR on a fourth mob that wasn't hit by HotR.

The goal for me is to have strong threat on the mob with the most health that single target DPS hits, but also to have enough threat on every other mob in the group for AoE to go all out. 5 seconds later, the trash is dead and we chain pull the next group if the other tank hadn't already pulled it earlier.
_________________


"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time." - tiny ghosts
theothersteve7
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:33 am
Well, not just trash. Pulling bosses too. And I can understand breaking 969 for quick trash. I mostly want a strategy for longer fights.

I have noticed I put Consecrate at a lower priority than I ought to, though.
_________________
Jonesy
Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 am
If 22% of your spell power plus 14% of your AP is less than 1189, do HS, Judge, ShoR, Cons, HotR (to proc the extra damage from the BV libram).

If it's greater, do HS, ShoR, Cons, HotR, Judge (to get the biggest bang for your buck out of Vengeance stacks on your Judgement).

The former is likely to be true for balanced gearings for the forseeable future.
leperkhaun
Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 am
personally ill pull with AS, drop a conc before they get to me and HS, if there are more than 3 mobs (or AS didnt hit one) ill judge one of those and ShoR the other. by then the AS mobs should be there so ill HotR and continue on.
vegardhv
Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:55 am
So, to find a spot, and fire off AS, etc, wait for enemies to come to you, is the way to go? Not barge into the enemies ? It's probably basic, but I'm kind of new at this :p
Lythac
Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:30 am
Trash you can barge into rather than wait for them.

Naxx bosses -

Anub'Rekhan - Barge
Grand Widow Faerlina - Barge for add tank, Barge/ranged for MT
Maexxna - Barge

Patchwerk - Stay put (you don't want to outrange OTs and take hatefuls)
Grobbulus - Barge (when he is just going up ramp)
Gluth - Barge
Thaddius - Barge

Noth the Plaguebringer - Bit of both, not sure it really matters as long as you move him?
Heigan the Unclean - Stay put
Loatheb - Barge

Instructor Razuvious - Bit of both, not sure it really matters just have the adds in a decent place afterwards?
Gothik the Harvester - Be where he teleports to.
The Four Horsemen - Stay put, be where they run to.

Sapphiron - 1st attempt stroll calmly up, 2nd onwards barge
Kel'Thuzad - MT, be where he comes up is what I do sometimes he can be annoying to move for me and don't want ranged starting on him while I'm stood 20 yards away waiting for him to move.
_________________