Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hit Cap for Hand of Reckoning?

Eanin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 am

Hit Cap for Hand of Reckoning?

I was all excited to get my new single-target taunt last night for using on 4 horsemen.

Of course, then my taunt was resisted Sad.

What is the hit cap, in rating, for this ability? I think I'll throw together a special set for next time to make sure this doesn't happen.
_________________
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:21 am
I believe it works off of spell hit so 17% which works out to 300-400 hit, more than you can sanely get. That's for raid bosses and lvl 83 mobs, for trash you'll likely be capped already. There's talk about the RD glyph affecting HoR in the future (not currently)
_________________
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:33 am
Turns out no (80% sure). There's a thread in advanced training with a bit of original research on the subject.
_________________
Spectrum
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:41 am
So far I haven't had a problem, but this is concerning. Sad
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
Eanin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:46 am
Do you mean, Majiben, that the glyph doesn't affect it now (something I'd figured) or that there is no such blue post that it will in the future? I'm just wondering, since I've found 3 references to the blue post now, but still no post Sad.

Here's a little resource for a 4H set I'm using:

Link
_________________
Wolvar
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:58 am
He means no it's not the melee hit cap, it's the spell hit cap.
_________________
Eanin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm
Okay, so that would be 17*26.23 = 446 hit rating.

Ugh.
_________________
Majiben
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 pm
A couple of classes put debuffs on mobs increasing spell hits.
_________________
Threatco
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 pm
I did 10 man horsemen the day this taunt came out. And it resisted a lot.

Didn't record exacts but had 5 resists early in the fight then only just 1 during the middle. Out of about 30. 6/30 resists.

It was me and another pally "tank" who is usually ret and he didn't go get the new taunt yet. So basicly it resisted a lot. Thats with about 120 hit.
_________________


At 540 Defense, when the tooltip says you have 5.6% chance to be missed, you really have a 4.11%.
luminae
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:36 pm
oh thank god, someone else is experiencing this. i could not, for the LIFE of me, figure out wth i was screwing up! pulling on trash i had *maybe* one miss...then i go in to 4H10 and i see a chain of resists. i wound up telling my druid partner that i had to use RD to avoid flubbing the swap.

i figured it was going on spell hit, but it's good to see that you guys think so as well Cool
Noradin
Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:52 am
Needs to get changed.
Its no use if we go from a workaround to something that "might sometimes work but isn't reliable". There is no place for unreliable ablilities in tank specs. No raid will take a tank that relies on chance to do the job, its just bad game design.
_________________
Gamingdevil
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:16 am
Why'd they put it on spell hit anyway? All other taunts are off melee/ranged hit.

Oh, I get it, they wanted to give us a penalty for the 100 damage (crit) we can deal with it, that's not on the GCD!!


PS: sarcasm may be contained in this post, for that I apologize.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.