Skip to content
Maintankadin

Which gear set for starting Naxx?

Shroomous
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Which gear set for starting Naxx?

Haven't done Naxx yet, mostly done reading about the bosses, and am planning my first run for my next day off.

Set 1 (current set): 28.6k health, 19.3% block, 15.8% parry, 21.2% dodge, 10.7% miss

Set 2: 26.3k health, 19.8% block, 16.3% parry, 23.8% dodge, 11.2% miss

Second set gets me block capped with a defense elixir. I sacrifice a pretty big chunk of health though. All other stats remain the same - all I'm doing is switching out gems and a trink.
_________________
Shroomous
78 Draenei Protection Paladin
Proudmoore
DisRuptive1
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:40 pm
If you want to tank Naxx you need, at a minimum, 20k health, 20k armor and be crit capped which is 689 defense RATING or 540 defense SKILL (at 80).
Levantine
Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:19 pm
In other words, you're ridiculously overgeared, and it's not going to make a difference either way.
_________________
Levantine: 80 Frost [27k HP, 27k Armor, 544 Def]
Anzen: 30 Elemental [Resto in the making]
Threatco
Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:14 pm
You should be fine in naxx 10 with those stats. I would go with HP flask and gear into 540 instead of dirnking defense elixers.
_________________


Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Rummy
Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:26 pm
btw update your signature, i'm guessing your not lvl 78 any more if you about to hit Naxx Smile

and yes either set is fine, i'm not as big on the 'must be block capped' as some others seem to be. I understand the principle behind it but i like to go for pure avoidance / hp (i'm still a bit of a newbie, having healed thru BC, so I might change my tune one day, i just prefer to stack dodge then defense instead of block)
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Rumstock
Culhag
Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 am
I think it's in one of the FAQs

Q: Am I geared enough for heroics/Naxx ?
A: Yes you are.
_________________
WotLK stole my sleep.