Skip to content
Maintankadin

Patchwerk, 7k sustained thread and me.

Tubben
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:15 am

Patchwerk, 7k sustained thread and me.

In an different thread, Amaranthea said
Worldie
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:31 am
Patchwerk adds threat constantly to the 3 highest in his threat list, i believe it's around 2k threat everytime he hurtful. Which equates to almost 2k TPS by just staying there picking your nose.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Lythac
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:57 am
A lot of the people who are achieving high threat/dps are swapping in different gear for the fight. It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong , just other people are hitting harder than you.

As i'm not sure on which threat calculator you're using I'll just use my last PW WWS and mine is no means the best just I know what I was wearing. Edit - we were both using the same weapon for this.

http://wowwebstats.com/lsotzt4mtivii?s=227128-270706&a=x22277b0

You:

DPS - 2497
Avg Shield of Righteousness - 3486
Avg Hammer of the Righteous - 2141

DTPS - 5160
Avg hit - 9630

Me:

DPS - 3293
Avg Shield of Righteousness - 4270
Avg Hammer of the Righteous - 2779

DTPS - 4951
Avg hit - 8413

Both of our gear looks to be around the same quality, I swop a few pieces around for patchwerk items with +str and +BV mainly as he doesn't hit hard and they provide mitigation. My DTPS isn't that high and average hit low so I'm not sacrificing much by doing so.

When looking at your gear you don't need to wear your +sta trinket for him and can be swapped out for something else.

In short you're not doing anything wrong just those that are higher than you are wearing more threat/damage pieces, which for Patchwerk isn't a bad thing to do.
_________________
Wolvar
Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:09 am
How do you see TPS in a WWS log?
_________________
Levantine
Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:12 am
You either add it up yourself, or plug it into this.
_________________
Levantine: 80 Frost [27k HP, 27k Armor, 544 Def]
Anzen: 30 Elemental [Resto in the making]
Lythac
Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:32 am
Funny that, Wolvar plugged a PW report into it, then I did and a few minutes later another prot paladin Heidí plugged in a PW kill.

Is there a link to http://rehfeld.us/wow/tps/ in any of the stickies I have missed?
_________________
Maswin
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:24 am
We went for the achievement last night (10man -2min39s was the time) so I made sure I was focusing on keeping the 969 rotation tight as possible.

I managed 7-8k sustainted TPS finishing with 2490 DPS, so just re-read the threads on managing the 969 rotation and I'm sure you'll manage higher threat next time.

Not a clue what I'd get in full 25 man gear, but I can't imagine it being massively higher.

Link to my armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=maswin
Serelynn
Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 am
In full 25 man gear, hitting 3100-3500 DPS without completely gimmicky items is possible (gimmicky = Mirror of Truth and Darkmoon Card: Greatness) as long as you stack up block value gear. The threat you generate scales up with the gear since your damage increases, the better your rotation the more damage you do - just be sure to pop Avenging Wrath and any other cooldown/trinkets you might have.
_________________
Twilight Vanquisher Serelynn - 80 Protection Paladin of Abaddon

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time." - tiny ghosts
Lythac
Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:59 am
Sad I will defend my DMC:G as not being gimmicky as it gives a nice amount of BV and is a decent trinket to use for PW in place of a sta trinket. Whether an avoidance trinket is better is open for questions.
_________________
Fridmarr
Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 am
The Rehfeld calculator includes JoL threat and SA threat, but neither of those cause threat anymore. So, some of the results in this thread are a bit skewed generating more TPS than is possible with the DPS numbers given.

That said, you will actually do more TPS on Patchwerk as your raid does more damage because you'll have a higher uptime percentage on Avenging Wrath and Heroism. So if you really want to ramp up your TPS, get your highest DPS raid together.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Soralin
Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:19 pm
This week I stacked block value, was sitting at 1998 BV Unbuffed. I hit 3157 DPS (http://wowwebstats.com/5evancfg3evzy?s=55051-91112&a=x1ea8406) on Patch which generated 8269 TPS (http://rehfeld.us/wow/tps/report/6462) sustained for the fight.

I'm having troubles maintaining any decent amount of hit while in BV gear but realistically thats all I can see that would improve my gearing aside from the BV trash cloak from Naxx25 which doesn't appear to exist...

http://www.chardev.org/?template=137191
That is the gear that I used this week. I need to use a defense elixir to get crit immune (I have mixology), and was using a 50str elixir and 40str food.

I would consider stacking 2000 BV unbuffed "gimmicky" given I needed to use 2 JC 27STR gems and a level 70 autoblocker to get there. I'm not sure how people are obtaining these 3500-4000 DPS reports, aside from simply reducing the duration of the fight by having more rdps, and having a higher percentage of uptime on AW and Heroism/Bloodlust.
_________________
:: Soralin ::
Vanifae
Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:34 pm
This is very true the slower the kill the lower the DPS, the faster the kill the higher the DPS across the board. Because for the faster kill time you have a larger percentage of that time where you are affected by Bloodlust.

Forgive me if this has already been said.
_________________
I am fucking awesome.